What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
If any band would need that, it would be Gwar... That space jizz gets everywhere.
What's crazy is all the jizz/blood/goop washes out really easily. I saw them when I was in high school and purposely wore a white shirt so it would get stained, then it would be like my memento from seeing them. I went home and washed it (because of crowd sweat and whatnot), and my shirt came out perfectly white lol I guess it makes sense they wouldn't use something permanent, but I was surprised nonetheless.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's crazy is all the jizz/blood/goop washes out really easily. I saw them when I was in high school and purposely wore a white shirt so it would get stained, then it would be like my memento from seeing them. I went home and washed it (because of crowd sweat and whatnot), and my shirt came out perfectly white lol I guess it makes sense they wouldn't use something permanent, but I was surprised nonetheless.
Oh shit, that is crazy! I would have guessed you'd have those stains forever lmao

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
OD-200 is my new favorite boost. I set up the drive side with a Klon and everything set to unity, then turned on the boost side with gain at zero, volume at max. It's almost indistinguishable from my Broken Arrow when on the TS mode, the OD-1 is my favorite so far though, sounds awesome. Think I might sell the Broken Arrow and buy a Bloom instead, so I have the same footprint, but as a compressor. The OD-200 makes it kind of irrelevant with all the sounds it has in it. The Golden Boy is still really cool for the Bluesbreaker sounds, though.

I also decided to run my Triptych Twin at 18v and it can now get super fat without being fuzzy. It also works really well as a regular boost now and doesn't seem to get overly gainy anymore, so it stays much clearer. I'm not sure I NEED it on my board, but I also don't want to sell it cause it's a great boost. I'd just have an open gap and I wouldn't want to replace it without something with MIDI and I can't really think of any other effects I need (and use)...

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
OD-200 is my new favorite boost. I set up the drive side with a Klon and everything set to unity, then turned on the boost side with gain at zero, volume at max. It's almost indistinguishable from my Broken Arrow when on the TS mode, the OD-1 is my favorite so far though, sounds awesome. Think I might sell the Broken Arrow and buy a Bloom instead, so I have the same footprint, but as a compressor. The OD-200 makes it kind of irrelevant with all the sounds it has in it. The Golden Boy is still really cool for the Bluesbreaker sounds, though.

I also decided to run my Triptych Twin at 18v and it can now get super fat without being fuzzy. It also works really well as a regular boost now and doesn't seem to get overly gainy anymore, so it stays much clearer. I'm not sure I NEED it on my board, but I also don't want to sell it cause it's a great boost. I'd just have an open gap and I wouldn't want to replace it without something with MIDI and I can't really think of any other effects I need (and use)...
Whelp, I googled Jackson Audio to see what else they have and the Bloom is on sale at GC for $150 and the Asabi for $100... So I bought them both :lol:

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I paid about $300 for the Asabi. I need to try it on the clean channel of my OS or IICP modules.
Yeah, I definitely don't need another distortion/drive, but the price was crazy and I didn't realize you can change out the base module sound on them, which is pretty cool. A MIDI controllable RAT sounds interesting (those modules are also on sale)...

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely don't need another distortion/drive, but the price was crazy and I didn't realize you can change out the base module sound on them, which is pretty cool. A MIDI controllable RAT sounds interesting (those modules are also on sale)...
I see. The Asabi seems like abandonware to me (the Fuzz has quite a few modules to swap in, while the Asabi has just the Rat). For $100, it seems like a pretty decent deal.

Shask

Reaction score
Well I just paid off my credit cards today.

Who's gonna be the first vendor on Reverb to flinch on something I've been watching for months? Go 'head, make me an offer NOW!! :agreed:
Keep the money and put it in a high yield savings account instead and quit paying interest, and start making them pay you interest instead. :D

Shask

Reaction score
Got some Celestions today and replaced the Eminence V12s I was using. MUCH better. I was getting some weird bottoming out bass and harsh highs.

I have also learned I dont love my Peavey XXX as a poweramp.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Keep the money and put it in a high yield savings account instead and quit paying interest, and start making them pay you interest instead. :D

I don't pay interest. I earn interest. 😎

I carry no credit card debt beyond 21 days or whatever their cycle is. I do have some cards with 12 mo interest free options however ( including Amazon prime, which doesn't leapfrog other purchases either) and one with unlimited 0% for all purchases for 15 mo, which is quite dangerous to freaks such as myself. :ugh:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Got some Celestions today and replaced the Eminence V12s I was using. MUCH better. I was getting some weird bottoming out bass and harsh highs.

I have also learned I dont love my Peavey XXX as a poweramp.
Which Celestions? V30/T75?

Shask

Reaction score
Which Celestions? V30/T75?
Yeah. I have V30/T75 in an X pattern in a Peavey 412 cab.

I actually tried the same thing a few years ago, but that cab sounded awful. I figured it was a cheap sounding cab, and I took out the speakers and put them in 212 cabs. However, I was recently messing with it and noticed I think the wiring was messed up, and it was out of phase. I rewired it and it sounded MUCH better, even with stock speakers, so I figured I would fill it with the same mix again. Now it is sounding the best it ever has. I have considered buying 2 more V30s and going all V30, but not sure.

The only other Celstions I have been interested in are the K100s and the Redbacks.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah. I have V30/T75 in an X pattern in a Peavey 412 cab.

I actually tried the same thing a few years ago, but that cab sounded awful. I figured it was a cheap sounding cab, and I took out the speakers and put them in 212 cabs. However, I was recently messing with it and noticed I think the wiring was messed up, and it was out of phase. I rewired it and it sounded MUCH better, even with stock speakers, so I figured I would fill it with the same mix again. Now it is sounding the best it ever has. I have considered buying 2 more V30s and going all V30, but not sure.

The only other Celstions I have been interested in are the K100s and the Redbacks.
I liked the T75s I had in the past. Not sure how I would like them with my current rig with the Synergy setup.

Did you wire it parallel series or series parallel?