What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont use reverb but between a canadian forum, kijiji and our version of GC Used, theres a few deals for those ready for them.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Not a gear purchase, but I got my feet digitally scanned at Fleet Feet. I now know my real size (not just the length size most shoes list, but also the width) so I bought some everyday shoes. Plan to buy a pair of walking shoes since I walk every day for 2.5-3+ miles.

Having proper shoes will be beneficial for my back, which will allow me to play more frequently than I have been the past 6-8 months.

Shask

Reaction score
Not a gear purchase, but I got my feet digitally scanned at Fleet Feet. I now know my real size (not just the length size most shoes list, but also the width) so I bought some everyday shoes. Plan to buy a pair of walking shoes since I walk every day for 2.5-3+ miles.

Having proper shoes will be beneficial for my back, which will allow me to play more frequently than I have been the past 6-8 months.
I replaced all 3 Pairs of my shoes earlier this month. Cant skip on foot health!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I replaced all 3 Pairs of my shoes earlier this month. Cant skip on foot health!
I've been wearing skate shoes most of my life because I have 4E width feet with kind of a strange arch that most shoes agitate. Now I can buy some shoes that are well suited for my feet and continue to walk frequently.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
The Jackson Bloom has shipped, hopefully the Asabi does soon! I guess I don't NEED that one, but $100 was too good a deal to pass up. Now I gotta take pics of all the pedals they'll be replacing! Was going to try and put my MXR 10-band on the board somehow still, but the Bloom has the built in EQ that I could use as a tone shaper at the beginning of my chain as well and I don't really need another boost if I were to use the MXR for that, so not much point in keeping it 🤷‍♂️

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I haven't bought a 2027x yet much to my chagrin, but I know for a fact I am going to buy a 26.5" or 27" 7 string as my next purchase. I have considered huge swaths of things from very affordable to upper mid range, including doing a Kiesel build.

Honestly? Right now the lead candidate is a Misha HT7 Pro that my friend has pimped out and sent to Andy Townsend for a proper setup. It really is amazing - for $2-300 dollars, Andy can make ANY guitar perfect. The amount of time and effort he puts into an instrument is astounding. This guitar naturally feels great to play, and while I don't care for the Omega she put in the bridge position, I love everything else about this guitar.

Shask

Reaction score
I've been wearing skate shoes most of my life because I have 4E width feet with kind of a strange arch that most shoes agitate. Now I can buy some shoes that are well suited for my feet and continue to walk frequently.
Yeah, I always have to special order my nice work shoes, and when I find ones I like, I will buy enough Pairs to last like 10 years. One pair I bought this month replaced a pair I bought around 2008.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I always have to special order my nice work shoes, and when I find ones I like, I will buy enough Pairs to last like 10 years. One pair I bought this month replaced a pair I bought around 2008.
The model of DCs I was wearing I would wear out in about 6 months. The last pair I wore out in 3. I think these new shoes will be much more comfortable and fit better. Whether they last longer or not remains to be seen.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The model of DCs I was wearing I would wear out in about 6 months. The last pair I wore out in 3. I think these new shoes will be much more comfortable and fit better. Whether they last longer or not remains to be seen.
Buy insoles too.

Got the second set of SD90s installed tonight. The goldtop continues to leave me impressed, love it.

I think my next thing may be a nut for the 96 standard - tried setting it up closer to the GT and the nut doesnt really pass the “fret third, press first” test. Hoping my buddy wants to do it :yesway:.

And I am waiting to get my tele back so that’ll be a setup purchase.

Shask

Reaction score
This thread is always so full of sweet, vile temptation. What should I buy next, that I don’t yet realize I have been miserable without?
Nvidia announced a 10 - to - 1 stock split coming soon, and they are up something like 240%. Buy that, lol :D

Best idea is an EQ pedal if you dont have one. It will change your life.

Shask

Reaction score
I used to wear Chucks when I was younger, but I had to quit many years ago since they are flat.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you have a les paul and or something that sounds like a plexi or jtm45?

I have a couple of Epiphone LPs that I actually like pretty well. No Marshalls, though, and no place to turn one up loud enough for it to deliver the goods.