What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So I don't NEED a power amp
...but I wanted one lmao

Soooo a Crown XLS1000 is on the way. I was initially looking for a Carvin DCM200L (the dead one I bought awhile back I couldn't fix, so whoops :lol:), but this is probably the next best thing.

Also slight nostalgia because I remember when I first got into modeling gear one of the things I wanted to get was the Crown XLS1000 because of how sick they looked lmao

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I've played the Playstation version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to completion numerous times, but have never played the slightly different Saturn version. That'd be worth it for that game alone.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yep it was the Sega one in-between the Genesis (Mega Drive) and Dreamcast no one cares about.
Eh, the problem was Sega was trying to do WAYYYY too much, but dedicated actual resources to none of it. Some of it was never even released.

Sega Genesis
Sega Game Gear
Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Neptune (if memory serves, this was a stand alone 32X)
Sega Saturn (would've been Sega's direct competitor with the Playstation)

The Playstation started as a joint collaboration for a CD add on for the SNES. The collaboration was broken off from what I understand, and they made the stand alone Playstation instead.

Meanwhile, Sega was working on the Saturn (as well as all that shit above), but because of Sega's very scatterbrained business model at the time, none of it really did shit. As a business, it seems they were not sure which way the market would go, so they attempted to cover all of their bases.

In theory, that seems like a decent bet. However, in practice, it was disastrous. None of the above platforms really got much support. In addition, they were essentially asking their customers to support way too many products. In addition, the industry was really convinced it seems that any of them were worth much.

They also had some games released (I don't know if they forced or begged developers to do this) that i believe required the CD and 32X add-ons. Funnily enough, they couldn't decide if they were "SEGA CD 32X" or "SEGA 32X CD" games.

I think had someone with some conviction and vision for the company been running things, it would've went better. Go straight for the Saturn as the follow up to Genesis, toss of the unnecessary R&D for failed (and in some cases, unreleased) ventures away, and Sega might still be a console company today.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I forgot to mention it, but the Master System add on may have done well, so that's why Sega thought the 32X/CD were good ideas.

I don't know if the gaming magazines were already giving sneak peaks into Sony and Nintendo's future plans (Playstation, N64), but those may have given Sega some frustration with which option to go with moving forward.

By the time the Dreamcast came, everything was being sold at a loss from what I understand, which eventually doomed the company to solely making video games.

Shask

Reaction score
Eh, the problem was Sega was trying to do WAYYYY too much, but dedicated actual resources to none of it. Some of it was never even released.

Sega Genesis
Sega Game Gear
Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Neptune (if memory serves, this was a stand alone 32X)
Sega Saturn (would've been Sega's direct competitor with the Playstation)

The Playstation started as a joint collaboration for a CD add on for the SNES. The collaboration was broken off from what I understand, and they made the stand alone Playstation instead.

Meanwhile, Sega was working on the Saturn (as well as all that shit above), but because of Sega's very scatterbrained business model at the time, none of it really did shit. As a business, it seems they were not sure which way the market would go, so they attempted to cover all of their bases.

In theory, that seems like a decent bet. However, in practice, it was disastrous. None of the above platforms really got much support. In addition, they were essentially asking their customers to support way too many products. In addition, the industry was really convinced it seems that any of them were worth much.

They also had some games released (I don't know if they forced or begged developers to do this) that i believe required the CD and 32X add-ons. Funnily enough, they couldn't decide if they were "SEGA CD 32X" or "SEGA 32X CD" games.

I think had someone with some conviction and vision for the company been running things, it would've went better. Go straight for the Saturn as the follow up to Genesis, toss of the unnecessary R&D for failed (and in some cases, unreleased) ventures away, and Sega might still be a console company today.
I had a Sega Nomad, which was basically a handheld Genesis.

rokket2005

Reaction score
^Sega had terrible adoption rates in the west due to bad marketing and releasing 4 months early to beat Sony to the punch meant they had a poor lineup of games (The mainline Sonic game meant for Saturn was cancelled). Then Sony said, "299" at E3 and it was over for the Saturn.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
^Sega had terrible adoption rates in the west due to bad marketing and releasing 4 months early to beat Sony to the punch meant they had a poor lineup of games (The mainline Sonic game meant for Saturn was cancelled). Then Sony said, "299" at E3 and it was over for the Saturn.
That was also part of it. That said, even if they waited (ie, to have a better game option at launch) and/or had a better price point, they still wouldn't have been able to adequately market it. They were spreading themselves way to thin and couldn't capitalize on anything they launched.

If they had operated that way when the Genesis launched, it too could've been a complete failure.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I had a Sega Nomad, which was basically a handheld Genesis.
I forgot that even existed. Yet another poorly marketed, non entity release from a company who talked a big game, but couldn't deliver when the heat was on.

Sega: "Sega does what Ninten-don't."
Nintendo: "lol. Release a product and actually support it."

I think that the Master System was not that well adopted, and the Genesis (and to some extent, Game Gear) was the only one to decently adopted.

I think Sega was sort of the company who did decent, finally got great numbers and was a contender, thought they were hot shit, so they threw around a lot of money they didn't have, and paid massively.

Nintendo can afford to release shit that doesn't get adopted. They'll just save it for later and still remain profitable. Power glove -> Wiimote.

That godawful game system that was red with the visor thing not with standing. I'm not sure they'll ever use that for anything at all.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's funny... I absolutely HATE Silk. Much prefer Almond Breeze or even the Aldi store brand to Silk.
It's funny how tastes can be so different about milk alternatives. I think Almnond milk is too thin and I can't get over the aftertaste. But word, I respect the almond love. Soy, oat, almond, rice, cashew, coconut, hemp: there's something for everyone.