What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You move so many guitars, how can you remember? :lol:

I used to... these last two are the first things I've sold in quite a while. That said I can immediately name 5 things I've sold that I kick myself for:
- Cameron modded Bogner Uber
- Fortin Cali modded JCM800
- Fryette CLX
- RG8670
- JPM90HAM

There is also some irony in not currently owning an Ibanez and the two guitars I really regret selling are both Ibanez :lol:

The JPM was a double stupid move as Van Dyke used it for all the solos on Redemption's The Fullness of Time album... but "I was only playing sevens" at the time :facepalm:

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I used to... these last two are the first things I've sold in quite a while. That said I can immediately name 5 things I've sold that I kick myself for:
- Fryette CLX
- RG8670
- JPM90HAM

There is also some irony in not currently owning an Ibanez and the two guitars I really regret selling are both Ibanez :lol:

The JPM was a double stupid move as Van Dyke used it for all the solos on Redemption's The Fullness of Time album... but "I was only playing sevens" at the time :facepalm:
I sold a PGM90HAM that I regret to this day... Maybe I will hunt down another.

Shask

Reaction score
Been reorganizing my music room today and I've been very tempted to take pictures of all my gear and start listing guitars and amps for sale. Still on the fence 🤷‍♂️
I have considered the same, but just don't feel like dealing with the hassle.

I have been going pretty minimal in pretty much all areas of life, except the guitar gear, lol. It stands out much more when everything but the music room is very bare and open, then the music room looks like a hoarders paradise, lol.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
- Fryette CLX
- RG8670
- JPM90HAM

You sold a Cameron modded Bogner Uber!? Mod privileges revoked!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That was part of the invaluable lesson "always try amps with multiple cabs / speakers". The cab I had at the time was really bright for some reason so I ended up selling a couple of things I should have kept.
I will take this as endorsement for the 1982B i plan to buy :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That was part of the invaluable lesson "always try amps with multiple cabs / speakers". The cab I had at the time was really bright for some reason so I ended up selling a couple of things I should have kept.

Ah been down that road. I have a Dual Dark I'm not super happy with now, but I think maybe it needs something drastically different from what my main cab(s) have so I'm afraid to sell. I posted it up for sale on mercari anyway half a year ago, and someone recently asked if it's still for sale... just kind of ignoring him atm while I try to get more decisive...

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Good luck with that... I did it once or twice and still regret some of the stuff I let go and can't replace.
I have done it a few times as well. I just don't know what head I'd keep. I was able to rearrange to a better setup than I thought it'd be though, so maybe crisis averted :lol: That said, still gonna sell some guitars and probably my Deluxe Reverb (since I'm afraid to play it now that it's been to the shop twice) and the HDRX cab cause I don't actually NEED another head afterall (who knew?!). I have a bunch of lower priced ones that I took on trades and I've literally played them once since getting them. They're good guitars but not anywhere close to the first one I'd reach for.
I have considered the same, but just don't feel like dealing with the hassle.

I have been going pretty minimal in pretty much all areas of life, except the guitar gear, lol. It stands out much more when everything but the music room is very bare and open, then the music room looks like a hoarders paradise, lol.
Yeah, I hear that. My main issue is that, if I sell them, I'll just use the money on some bills or something boring LOL! My guitar collection, in particular, has gotten out of hand. I used to purposely own only 4 guitars - one for rhythm, one for lead, one 7 string and an acoustic. Now I've got guitars that I'm pretty sure I just bought because I don't have that color or a specific feature I definitely don't need, anyway :lol: Then there's Strats. I own 5 Strats I only like 1 of them. I literally own two of the same guitar in the same exact color for some reason. Love my Tele as well, but I haven't used it since I got the Strat I like, so it seems redundant, too. I also have two basses that I don't think I've played in 10 years but can't bring myself to sell because maybe someday I'll want to record a song and need them.

If I can at least get all the junk off the floor that isn't being used, I'll be happy I think LOL.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
@MatrixClaw yeah that reads like you can downsize without actually feeling it :2c:

Wanna buy some strats though? :cool:
I don't even know why I have so many. Until this HSS I got a few months ago, I've never liked Strats, but somehow I always have multiples, just in case some day I wake up and decide I like them, I guess? :lol:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't even know why I have so many. Until this HSS I got a few months ago, I've never liked Strats, but somehow I always have multiples :lol:
That's how I was with P basses years ago, I had 5 or 6 for some reason lol

I like my first P bass (never selling it) but otherwise I was always playing Jazz basses or Warwicks.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Pretty sure its gonna end up being the PRS NF53. Was thinking about some actual teles... but at this point I'm nearly all in on PRS so might as well keep that train going

Shask

Reaction score
I have done it a few times as well. I just don't know what head I'd keep. I was able to rearrange to a better setup than I thought it'd be though, so maybe crisis averted :lol: That said, still gonna sell some guitars and probably my Deluxe Reverb (since I'm afraid to play it now that it's been to the shop twice) and the HDRX cab cause I don't actually NEED another head afterall (who knew?!). I have a bunch of lower priced ones that I took on trades and I've literally played them once since getting them. They're good guitars but not anywhere close to the first one I'd reach for.

Yeah, I hear that. My main issue is that, if I sell them, I'll just use the money on some bills or something boring LOL! My guitar collection, in particular, has gotten out of hand. I used to purposely own only 4 guitars - one for rhythm, one for lead, one 7 string and an acoustic. Now I've got guitars that I'm pretty sure I just bought because I don't have that color or a specific feature I definitely don't need, anyway :lol: Then there's Strats. I own 5 Strats I only like 1 of them. I literally own two of the same guitar in the same exact color for some reason. Love my Tele as well, but I haven't used it since I got the Strat I like, so it seems redundant, too. I also have two basses that I don't think I've played in 10 years but can't bring myself to sell because maybe someday I'll want to record a song and need them.

If I can at least get all the junk off the floor that isn't being used, I'll be happy I think LOL.
Yeah, I have 17, lol. 20 if you count the basses.

I tend to always buy another if I like them. I am picky, so when I find something I like, I will buy another. 2 wolfgangs, 2 hellraisers, 2 cu24 ses, etc...

One of my issues is my old rack stuff. I know I will never find another in the same condition, so I have to be ok with not ever having another.