What Song Is Stuck In Your Head Right Now?

• Thread starter nightsprinter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
You know the situation. You're at the drugstore, dentist, insurance agency, whatever- and something comes on the overhead speakers.

Maybe you hear it as part of an ad campaign on TV.

No matter how you heard it, it's here to stay. For now.

What's stuck in your head?

Here's last week's entry. This one comes and goes but that horn line and vocal phrasing make this one a repeat visitor:

And today's which has me by the balls...featuring uncle jesse on percussion:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
No song has been stuck in my head for more than a year, and thank God for that!!
It used to be a real problem. I'd discover a new band or song, really get into it, and then whatever riff or part caught my attention would play over and over in my head and it wouldn't let me fucking sleep.. 💀

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Johnny Bush's Whisky River since somebody mentioned W. Nelson and it put me back on a country western kick again.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
Johnny Bush's Whisky River since somebody mentioned W. Nelson and it put me back on a country western kick again.

Hell yeah. There are some gems. "The Legend Of Wooley Swamp" comes to mind. I never listened to the newfangled bro country, but my mom listened to a lot of both kinds of music when I was younger. Country AND Western.

syzygy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
this is amazing. I'd be really interested in knowing how it was made if you can share.
Afaik it's some guy who writes the lyrics and is a songwriter himself; he uses AI to compose the music but arranges it and writes stuff to tie it together. There's an AMA on reddit from the guy, he goes by the name Obscurest Vinyl

nightsprinter

Reaction score
Afaik it's some guy who writes the lyrics and is a songwriter himself; he uses AI to compose the music but arranges it and writes stuff to tie it together. There's an AMA on reddit from the guy, he goes by the name Obscurest Vinyl

Some of his other tunes are amusing, but the one posted ITT is the absolute #1 banger.

He's like the 2020's evolution of the my dick guy (