What speaker for electronic drums?

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
I’m thinking about getting an electronic drum kit to start learning to play drums for fun at home.

My main question is what to monitor with. Volume isn’t a big issue. I have a pair of Yamaha HS7 monitors. Are those good enough, or should I consider a cheap drum amp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

buriedoutback

Reaction score
I've used my yamaha digi-kit through my mackie monitors and its fine (by myself).
I much prefer a powered PA speaker though if playing with other people. I use a pyle powered PA (10inch) or Alto powered PA (15inch) speakers and it sounds awesome.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
My drummer plays through a Roland KC-150 during practise, and that works for us. Other than that, any good electric kit ought to have a headphone out.

zer0c00l

Reaction score
Personally I still think that in-ears are the best, even if you're playing with someone else, just have something to split the headphones so you can listen to both