What strings for my 30.2" 8-string?

• Thread starter petervindel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petervindel

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need strings for my 8-string guitar. It's 30.2" scale lenght. What strings can I get to fit this lenght?
I have tried to contact Kalium Strings who I've ordered from in the past, but they are not answering. As I am based in Norway, ordering from the US is sloooooow these days, so if anyone can recommend someone in Europe, or even better Scandinavia, it would be much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've bought strings from this shop in the past - https://schneidermusik.de/home/index.php

I don't buy from them at the moment since I've moved into using string packs instead of customized sets, specially for my fretless. Thomann is cheaper, but this shop has way more options to choose from.

Hope it helps, though I've never bought guitar strings for those scale lengths...

Bearitone

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need strings for my 8-string guitar. It's 30.2" scale lenght. What strings can I get to fit this lenght?
I have tried to contact Kalium Strings who I've ordered from in the past, but they are not answering. As I am based in Norway, ordering from the US is sloooooow these days, so if anyone can recommend someone in Europe, or even better Scandinavia, it would be much appreciated.

Yo, off topic but, we need some pics of that 8 string. What brand/model?

petervindel

Reaction score

j3ps3

Reaction score
I do fine with regular D'addarios on my Ibanez M80M. The winding of the string doesn't go all the way to the tuning peg on A and D strings, but it works if that's not an issue for you.