What was your first guitar?

• Thread starter LeffJoomis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nlaplante

Reaction score
1995 Squier Stratocaster made in Mexico. 18 years ago. Took a beating over the years. The neck is unusable now. Has various waves in all directions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TremontiFan16

Tyler Russell
Reaction score
I was eleven when I got my first guitar,it was terrible.a 80$ washburn strat copy.
I put heavier strings on it.One or two of the saddles actually ripped off from the bridge.
11-52 :lol:
Ended up returning it,and getting an f-50 that was my first "actual" guitar.

fassaction

Reaction score
Synsonics Terminator. It had a built in speaker, a bigsby style trem, and about 3/4 of an inch in the action. The guitar was absolutely the worst. It couldnt/wouldnt stay in tune, and the string trees must have had a sharp edge because it would break strings really quickly.

The sound....oh damn, it sounded terrible.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Ibanez RGIR. True workhorse guitar, I highly recommend the iron label series for all beginner metal players.

Black43

Hated Ibanezes once
Reaction score
An epiphone SG-310. Yes, the one that looks like a cheap children's toy. I used to pretend that thing was the best guitar out, bought it some Duncans, then tried a cheap Jackson and realized how shit mine actually was. I'll never get rid of it though, it sits on the guitar rack closest to my head when I sleep.
Because, you know, sentimental value.

metaldoggie

Pro smeghead
Reaction score
First acoustic (24 years ago) was a Hondo (I think) - Gibson humingbird copy.
First electric was a year or so later, a squier strat with the squier starter amp and a RAT.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
I don't remember my first acoustic, but my first electric was an Ibanez GSA60.

$%28KGrHqZ,%21rgFElJtNUV-BRdcbYZ6yw%7E%7E60_35.JPG

ferret

Reaction score
Very very very first?

Some variant of those Synsonic built-in amp things (Not my pic):
328302771_o.jpg

My first "real" guitar after that was a Squire Strat.

FruitCakeRonin

ss.reg orgular
Reaction score
Supreme ST-1. It's an in-house brand of one of Denmarks largest musical instrument retailer. Pretty much a squier. It actually sounded and played pretty well, although there were some problems with the saddles and/or nut causing strings to break a few times and the 1st string at the 1st fret was completed muted.

gallery.asp

FantasyMetal

Reaction score
Mine was a Washburn USA Steve Stevens model in white. My dad found it for me for $250. I should've held onto that guitar...

broj15

Reaction score
MIM fender strat that my dad "rescued" from the pawn shop that had the worst hum ever and couldn't stay in tune for shit. I still have it and would like to reshape the neck and replace the nut, tuners, and electronics, but life gets in the way.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
When I was 12 I bought (almost all by myself!!) an Ibanez RG5EX1. I had already been playing a little on my brother's Epi SG G-400 and Affinity Strat, so I figured I'd skip the shit starter guitar thing :lol:

I've still got it and it's gone through a ton of pickups and various mods over the years. Definitely a solid guitar. I've taken it as a backup to shows a bunch and used it live a few times. I don't have any recent pics of it, but here's one from about a year ago with a single 18V modded EMG 85 and foam in the neck/middle:
20130815_220131_RichtoneHDR.jpg

It currently has a single D-Activator in the bridge and one volume in the tone spot, but the pickup went microphonic a while back, so the guitar will be out of commission for a while once I send the pickup to Dimarzio to be fixed (hopefully for just the cost of shipping) Oh, and it also has a white Dimarzio Clip Lock strap to go with the binding :cool:

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
Crate Electra.... Basically a Fender Strat-copy, 3-tone sunburst with white pickguard, rosewood board, and HSS pickup config.

I got it at age 12, so around 1998. Extremely solid guitar, still plays well and holds tuning. And the bridge humbucker is actually pretty sweet.

AdamRogo

Reaction score
ESP LTD EX-250, I think. It was a crappy bolt-on explorer. I still stuck EMGs in there of course!

esp_ltd_ex_250_sampleprototype_electric_guitar_duncans_2_.jpg