What was your first guitar?

• Thread starter LeffJoomis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
143867-1-big.jpg

Got it likely in 1991 in black.

This... Is actually really neat. It's like a Saber/RG hybrid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zeetwig

Dedicated Chiller
Reaction score
My first :) A white J&D Les Paul type

Foto1034_zps7a29f464.jpg

Foto1031_zps8bfc66ce.jpg

Bought at the local music store. I can't find any info about it, there's no website and there was no spec list included with the guitar. It served me well though for many years, until it started getting some fretbuzz. I could probably have solved it myself with just a proper setup but, newbie as I was, I handed it in to the guy I bought it from, and he just wreaked havoc on the frets :S He probably tried a fret at a time and just filed down the ones that buzzed -.- I haven't set my foot in that store since.

Anyways, ignoring that the fretboard is a mess it actually plays really good! I have it tuned alternating fifths and fourths (C,G,C,G,C,G) and spend a few nostalgic hours with it every month :wub:

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. They were taken with an old-skool phone camera.

Kullerbytta

Newborn
Reaction score
My uncle's Emperador Les Paul bought from Greenland, I believe.
Something wrong with the bridge pup so I was left with the neck pup when playing metal... And to top it off I played it through a Squire Champ 15 :lol:
Good times, good times.

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
Man.. cool thread

My first fiddle was a no name classical guitar. It had a cracked neck heel which meant the action was a princely 1cm at fret 12. I didnt know any better and basically learnt to play on that. At 14, my folks figured i was serious and got me an electric. It had a pine body and 2 single coil pups.. but i loved it. Didnt have much choice really.. there wasnt much to choose from where i grew up. Ibanez etc was stuff i could only see in magazines. Things dreams were made of.

First guitar i bought myself was at age 24. An Ibanez rs1010sl steve lukather model. I was chuffed.

Adamh1331

RED.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was 15 years old. Christmas of 2005. Got a used MIJ Ibanez RG470 that came with a UV1000 case. Think I paid( my mother actually) $250 for it off of the evil bay. Wish I would have kept it. Sold it because someone tried to break into the case when I had it locked and busted one of the latches and put a big chunk in the body with a phillips screwdriver.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
Mine was a red early 90s Ibanez EX Series with a lousy non-locking tremolo; I'm not sure the specific model. I bought it from a friend that had it for maybe 6 months and barely touched it, got a little 10 or 15w Peavey practice amp with it. sold it to a friend after a couple years when I upgraded to a 96 Les Paul Studio. The same day I bought the LP, I got a VTM120 & Fender 4x12 that was cheap at Daddys Junky Music in Dedham, MA. Boston area people would remember them, they had a few locations before they went under.

Lillub85

Listen to that Purr!
Reaction score
Very plain and bad quality, (at the time I thought it was the best thing ever) Epiphone Les Paul Special ll GT

3trv5u

tone whore
Reaction score
A cheap noname stratocaster copy.

FRET. BUZZ.

My first real guitar was an Epiphone Goth Explorer which was ok but I didn't really like it so I sold it and got an Ibanez RGR321EX.

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
First was a entrylevel western-acoustic, but I got no idea where it has wandered off to.

First electric was a Washburn Dime333 db back in 2002-2003 or so, which I still own and play alot.

Lickers

Destroyer of venues
Reaction score
I had a Columbus Series 1. Even though it was my first guitar, I knew it sucked, badly.

Infact, it sucked so bad, it appears history has forgotten it completely. Not even the might of Google is apparently able to conjure a correct image of it.

Reaction score
I had an Ibanez GSZ120, which was a surprisingly nice guitar for the buck. It's still around the house here.

ibanez-gsz120-silver-375729.jpg

My first was actually the red version of this guitar. It's still one of my favorite guitars even though it only really gets played when I jam along to Opeth. It's seen all kinds of different turnings and my awful early set ups but the neck has stayed perfectly straight and aside from some paint chips and bridge wear its in great condition.

Wolfie677

Reaction score
An Epiphone acoustic with railway ties for frets and high tension wire for strings. Or at least that's what it felt like.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
This guitar was actually really good. My dad (for some crazy reason) got me an American Deluxe Strat once I showed real interest in playing a few years down the road and I gave my pacifica to one of my good friends for his birthday.

1781984cc0f6ef1c9d8.jpg

Coreysaur

Reaction score
My first guitar was blue Jackson PS-2 Performer,it was MIJ and the neck was really nice but pickups and bridge sucked so bad. Traded her in years ago.
Just like this one:
jackson-ps2-dinky-89745.jpg

Jemp

Reaction score
I have no idea what model that was, but it was an Ibanez in a kit with a small amp. And second hand so yeay :D
Was pretty good for the price. Bought my "real" first guitar 6 months later tho lol