What's better than Revv for a recording amp?

• Thread starter AMOS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In the same ball park price as the Revv G20, is there something with the same features that's as good or better? USB and a wattage selector are mandatory features in what I'm looking for.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
In the same ball park price as the Revv G20, is there something with the same features that's as good or better? USB and a wattage selector are mandatory features in what I'm looking for.
Ah, sorry. Missed the bit about price somehow. Get a VH Mini.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Engl Ironball SE has pretty much the same feature set as the G20, for the same price.
The E606 SE is an amazing amp, more bells and whistles than the Revv G20

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I wonder how well the Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister Deluxe 20 stacks up to these?

Azarea

Reaction score
It should be a good step under the Engl or the Revv, and the price point reflects it. No IR loading capabilities, you get the analog speaker sim and that's it.
There's no USB interfacing either - I think for the Engl the USB is only used to load in IRs, it can't act as an interface.
If you don't have an audio interface for your computer, the only game in town is the Revv I think.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this for live and recording use, or just recording?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Both but I'm primarily a studio musician

Gonna have to pitch the fractal FM3 and a power amp (seymour duncan powerstage 170 if you want it all on a pedalboard ready to go) for what you're after.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gonna have to pitch the fractal FM3 and a power amp (seymour duncan powerstage 170 if you want it all on a pedalboard ready to go) for what you're after.
I thought about going that route, I was looking at the Neural DSP Quad Cortex, but I've already invested so much in pedals.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope! I'm moving away from software except for the DAW itself.

Ok, but the FM3 (or FM9) is still hardware. Also one point of failure and one power supply.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ok, but the FM3 (or FM9) is still hardware. Also one point of failure and one power supply.
I'm sure it's a quality product, I just can't go with a new effects platform at this point. I decided to go with the Engl Ironball 606E SE

Reactions: LCW