What's your dream guitar?

• Thread starter donray1527
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
WaylonJennings01_5153.jpg

:agreed: I approve of your taste sir. Too bad it costs thousands of dollars to leather wrap a guitar :realmad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I guess I don't really have a dream guitar,I have some serious gas in some periods that often make me think "damn,that's the guitar of my life"...a couple of months later it's another one:lol:
some weeks ago it was 80's superstrat gas,now silverburst LP:agreed:

Skolnick:yum:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
sunset-custom-fr-electric-magenta-tilt.png

Another one I'm throwing in. Always wanted one of the Tom Anderson-esque MiJ Schecters, but Schecter recently introduced this model to their USA Production line, and all I can say is do want. :yum:

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
I guess I don't really have a dream guitar,I have some serious gas in some periods that often make me think "damn,that's the guitar of my life"...a couple of months later it's another one:lol:
some weeks ago it was 80's superstrat gas,now silverburst LP:agreed:

Skolnick:yum:
Oh, man, that sounds so much like me. Every other day I have a new dream guitar, however, one of them is consistently my dream guitar; a 1970s/1980s B.C. Rich Custom Shop guitar. There's only one place I could still get a "real" one, and I just ordered it on January 30th. Unfortunately, it won't be here for another year. :noplease:

othereyeswise

Reaction score
An 8 string Fender Tele, probably with Dimarzios in it. It would mean extreme brutality and clarity.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Both of those kill. Hopefully the "New" Washburn can think about a comeback for those models?

Before that though, I would really love to have a Daemoness V custom built. Not the standard V shape he offeres now. Not something anyone offers for that matter ha. V shape I have in mind and may build myself using the Carvin DC7X 27" neck when they start selling them on their parts page. Super Strat, meet Super V lol.

A really decent spec'd acoustic-electric would be on my list too. I really can't believe Schecter has never offered one and the Ibanez models are not spec'd to what I currently like. They are very affordable but I would rather spend more and get a better quality instrument [ebony 12th only inlay board, solid woods, extended 27" scale, top of the line electronics, Buzz Feiten system, included flight case etc. Around $2000.00

thedonal

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion I don't really have one dream guitar.

I'd still love a Gibson Les Paul (cherry burst- Traditional model will do)
I'd quite like a fairly standard Tele
I'd quite like a Gibson ES-335 slab inlay
I'd quite like a Jaden Rose build, providing i get to play an Original Series and really connect with the neck- the series 2 seem playable enough.
I'd quite like a JS model-(1200 probably)- the neck looks ideal for me and I'll like how it sounds out of the box (being a Satch fan, of course)

I'd also quite like a Fender Custom Shop build of my 92 Jap HRR Strat, with a touch more bling (perloid plate, birdseye maple neck/fingerboard) without the flaws and creaking neck (makes Floyd Rose abuse a little hard on the tuning stability).

Apart from that, I'm going to be happy with what I have (once I get my RG550 repaired and set up proply).

tastehbacon

Reaction score
8 string fanned fretted guitar with true temperment stainless steel medium frets
25.5-28.5 scale
maple body with mahogany ass and a burled poplar top
some warmer wood type neck and then a birdseye maple fretboard
lace or bkp pickups