What's your favorite 7 string song to play?

• Thread starter levitator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

levitator

listen to sabbath
Reaction score
Tell us what your favorite song is to play and why!

My favorite is probably This Dying Soul by Dream Theater. I love playing it because it uses the whole guitar not just B chugging and power chords and the grooves change quite a bit (as DT does). Some of the leads are bitch though. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
I haven't actually messed with too many seven string songs as i haven't been playing one for very long, though i've been on and off learning icarus lives by periphery.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I don't really learn songs, so I guess my own music? :lol:

Reaction score
I don't really learn songs, so I guess my own music? :lol:

Same, I never learn a song all the way through. If I want to learn a song, its always just a few riffs here and there. I think the only song I have memorized all the way through is bloodbaths Eaten, and that was just because my friends wanted to cover it.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
since I am a bass player, this is pretty much the only 7 string riff I can play

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
The River Dragon Has Come, by Nevermore.

/thread

Aside from the solo (hell even the solo when you consider how much a beast Loomis is) that's probably one of their most boring songs to play... :lol:

Unless you REALLY like your low B string.

It's like the exact opposite of baseball... Baseball bores me to death to watch, but it's fun to play... I like the song, but it just doesn't keep my attention when trying to play it. :2c:

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
Not exactly a 7 string song but I play it in 7 strings~~ Part of the Friction from SikTh...

Is that counts?