What's your oldest guitar/amp?

• Thread starter Kosthrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I have an od808 and SD-1 and a loaner strat wednesday lol

May I suggest one of these:

qsTUv1p.jpg

And nothing wrong with the 808 whatsoever, but this is a classic for old Marshalls:

dod_dod250_13_u_overdrive_preamp_250_true_1675948534_1750429.jpg

Damon67

Reaction score
@wheresthefbomb
Thank you! Ovations are definitely a love or hate thing in the guitar community. Their guitars have always been a big part of my life, the first guitar I played was my father’s Ovation acoustic. The first guitar I owned was a kid sized Ovation Applause acoustic. On top of that my father worked in the factory and there’s a good chance he had his hands on this one I have when it was being built. Ovations are very special to me.
I suppose I fall into the 'LOVE' category

Most-the-Os-Small.jpg

Last edited:

Necky379

Reaction score
I suppose I fall into the 'LOVE' category

View attachment 139979
Dude, that is awesome

My brother has an anniversary model I adore too, the neck looks like fishing lure material and I think the top is painted. So unique I’ve never seen anything like it. The Melissa Etheridge sig is another looker you don’t see too often. I don’t play acoustic very often but when I do I’m glad I can grab an Ovation of my own now.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My former bandmate has an Ovation Breadwinner. I never tried it plugged in.

yeah

Reaction score
I had that one in baby blue.
Oh nice! I don’t recall ever seeing it in that color. I still have that original volume knob too. I’ll have to switch it back to the original someday. I put the 5150 stickers on their back when I got the guitar. I’m afraid to try and remove them because I think they’ve really become one with the paint after all these years. There an odd rubbery sticker.

NickK-UK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oldest guitar I own is my ~1988/9 Made in Japan Fender Strat. This was my second guitar after a £5 well used plank of wood that had a P90 copy that I played for a while before that.
IMG_1193.jpeg

Latest posts