When you fail horribly at metal guitar

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently have been trying out the Plugin-Alliance amp sims. I fell in love with the VH4 and Herbert, then decided to try the Engl and the Friedman. Super modern metal stuff is easy and it's the best guitar tones I've ever gotten. I recently fell in love with 80s inspired chorus saturated metal rhythm tones and all of those amps do that extremely well.

I decided to record just some sample riffing with those tones last night......somehow I ended up with super low gain Goth music and liked it so much I started working on furthering it. I have no idea how I got to this, this was NOT the intention and I have never...NEVER played guitar with gain this low. If I hadn't have done it myself I never would have figured that I made this. I failed...I failed real bad

Have a listen

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
I can't listen real loud right now cuz my son is sleeping, but I think it sounds pretty damn good! Now just admit that The Cure is your favorite band:lol:

Reaction score
I can't listen real loud right now cuz my son is sleeping, but I think it sounds pretty damn good! Now just admit that The Cure is your favorite band:lol:

It's funny..I hate most goth music because it's not heavy enough and it always sounds like mopey surf rock. I prefer the more electronic goth genres.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Damn that’s some real “sad boi hours” stuff. I like it. Keep doing that stuff as a side project. Delay and reverb are lazy, chorus is for Kings.

viifox

Reaction score
I dig this shit! Throw some darkwave vocals on top and you're in business!

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I really like it! If I had to compare it to a vibe I'm getting or put someone's voice on it I would say Peter Steele from Type O Negative would soundg great on it. Good quality too man. Great job! : )

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually don't hate this either. :lol: You just need a killer cleanish-toned baritone singer on this. I'm sort of hearing someone like the guy from HIM, maybe...?

Antiphase

Reaction score
I was about to say I like the bass most, and it`s a fake lol

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Sounds like a cold dark night club at 4 am in East Berlin! Nice!

Jobam-Martins

Guitarrista
Reaction score
I recently have been trying out the Plugin-Alliance amp sims. I fell in love with the VH4 and Herbert, then decided to try the Engl and the Friedman. Super modern metal stuff is easy and it's the best guitar tones I've ever gotten. I recently fell in love with 80s inspired chorus saturated metal rhythm tones and all of those amps do that extremely well.

I decided to record just some sample riffing with those tones last night......somehow I ended up with super low gain Goth music and liked it so much I started working on furthering it. I have no idea how I got to this, this was NOT the intention and I have never...NEVER played guitar with gain this low. If I hadn't have done it myself I never would have figured that I made this. I failed...I failed real bad

Have a listen
Cool song, man. I liked it as well, the vibe on it. This is the interesting thing about art. Sometimes We end up creating songs and sonorities that We don't even know how it started and then, the magic happens. Keep it up!

SomeChump

Just a Chump
Reaction score
I dig the song, but you are definitely clipping on your master mixer channel and it is very noticeable. Bring your master channel down like... 1.5 db and it'll sound way better.