Where do you put the stuff in your pockets lol

• Thread starter bloodjunkie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You know, the fanny pack was a joke, but maybe it's the answer.

The whole 90's throwback thing is still cool, right?

I mean, I guess it doesn't have to be a fanny pack, small EDC bags are popular. They're basically purses, but who cares?

Cargo shorts? Maybe that's why all those thrash dudes wear camo cargo shorts.

I totally get your struggle. I have to have tools and all kinds of stuff on my person at work, so I'm always trying to figure out what to do with everything.
Cargo shorts are only acceptable for death metal dudes. The shorts should also be camo, but other drab colors are acceptable.

Also, an underground death or black metal shirt must be worn with the cargo shorts. Cryptopsy shirt at the bare minimum, you don't want to look like a poser wearing a Cannibal Corpse or Cradle of Filth shirt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Okay enough people have asked at this point haha:

The right - a massive wallet, earplugs case, car keys(with a large fob plus at least 10 keys on the ring)
The left - phone with case, earbuds, phone stylus that is the size of a regular pen(it’s also a pen)

I left all the stuff in my pockets by accident for a promo shoot and it basically looks like I have thunder thighs.
Big quads are the new big dick. Embrace the BQE.

Also, walet to rght back pocket. And maybe consider slimming it down anyway. Trust me, there was a time when I was giant wallet, front pocket too... and there's a reason everyone has a wallet in their back pocket, and they're thin. I'm a big fan of the money clip/card holder combo personally rather than a billfold. tough to find good ones, though.

Earbuds, like bluetooth earbuds for your phone? Do you really need them at a show? I might leave those inside my guitar case.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
John Popper solved this back in the 90s...

7-john-popper-blues-traveler-concert-photos.jpg

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Get yourself one of those leather travel bags for toiletries from Ross, Marshall’s, or TJ Maxx. Put your phone, keys, wallet, watch, any medications, etc in that. Put it right next to your pedalboard, or ideally, right between you and a floor monitor so that you can see it but the audience can’t.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just get to an age where storing your monies in your zipper becomes a useless charitable donation where you long for test but end up trying every other item on the shelf like you're 12 and looking for acne treatment that don't work to stop an issue that you will later realize never caused a problem in the first place.

You spent ya youths trying to slow down test but now you are throwing money at your crotch willy nilly expecting your foreskin to swallow pennies like it used to but it just don't inhale right anymore and it peels like a banana. :scream::scream2:

iu

Last edited:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I had no idea that having things in your pockets while playing was a problem.

I have almost the opposite problem - in that I need to stash the glasses somewhere so that I don't break them or fling them off. So they go: into whichever pocket isn't otherwise occupied. Pro: Don't end up breaking glasses. Con: I play most shows half-blind. Maybe that's also a pro, so that the vibe isn't killed by being able to see the disappointed faces of the bands partners, family members, and coworkers who had their arms twisted into forming the entirety of the audience.

penguin_316

Reaction score
Tactical gear, 5.11s are my go to. Get some pants and yea, that’s stuff isn’t going anywhere, spread it out. Lots of options…

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Would it be so hard for venues to have a small bank of lockers out the back?