Where were you at 16?

• Thread starter groovemasta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CRaul87

Reaction score
My current biggest influences on my music are BTBAM, Devin Townsend, Mastodon, Cynic, Jeff Loomis and Opeth.
I can sweep sixteenth triplets comfortably at 140bpm, and 160bpm if I try incredibly hard.
My alternate picking goes up to maybe 220-230bpm, 240 at a stretch (that's a pretty generous stretch though :lol:)

I'm 15, haters gonna hate.

Oh, I remember those days :ugh: :lol:
what kind of alt picking at 220bpm m8? 3note per string 16th note patterns or just straight triplets?
sixteenth triplets? u mean sextuplets?(6 notes per beat at 140bpm?)

Sikthness

Reaction score
At 16 I was playing Killswitch Engage and Fear factory songs sloppily and being quite pleased with myself. Shit that was only 9 years ago, and 16 year olds these days are playin AAL and whatnot like it's nothin. Motherfuckers! :scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
at 16 which would be 2 years ago i was on some sort of confused mainstream kick, nickelback, hinder, papa roach, but then i got into more technical stuff and began to progress alot faster soon after that

syndrone

You Must Listen To SYNDRONE
Reaction score
i started at the age of 7 and with 16 my technique was very good already, playing e.g. all COB stuff + solos nicely with ease (playing 4-6 hours almost every day..)
today im 24 and pretty much can play anything that`s on the market, but i didn`t improve my technique A LOT since then. I guess I just fine tuned it and became a much better musician (tone, quality of music, stage performance etc)
because becoming a good guitarist is different from becoming a good shredder..!
that`s two pairs of shoes. and it`s never too late to become anything of the two! you can always improve whatever you want, it`s just up to you i guess..
have fun and always enjoy the way to become better! : )

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
I'm 16 right now, playing for 1yr with something, I play alot Lamb of God, AOAA and other songs I like. I'm developing my technique alot for some weeks. I just thought "hey, I know everything about gear, alot of music theory but I suck at guitar!". So I just started to make lots excercises with metronome. I feel I'm getting much better.

Dan_Vacant

Hi I'm Dan.
Reaction score
Where I am now but that is because I'm still 16 woot for the youthfulness, but my dad says my guitar playing has greatly improved recently so I went from crap to okay lmao

TheBotquax

Reaction score
At 16 (a.k.a 3 months ago) I was getting OK at sweeping+alternate/economy picking and still knew fuck-all about writing a half decent song. After practicing a stupid amount recently and recording a ton of stuff, I've gotten a lot better. There's still a long ways to go though