Which PRS SE with Floyd, CU24 or Torero?

• Thread starter dtfan4ever
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dtfan4ever

Reaction score
Hi! I'd like to hear from people who have used both of the PRS SE Floyd equipped guitars please. The SE Custom 24 Floyd and the SE Torero

Looking for Pros/Cons/Likes/Dislikes

I'm planning to go down to the shop to play both models but am curious to know what others think too.

Obviously there are differences in the specs...however, beyond the obvious differences, did anyone notice anything else that was different. Subtle differences? Surprised by certain differences? Etc.

Thanks in advance to any opinions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pyrocario

Reaction score
Idk if this helps, but, I have the Torero (which has aftermaths in it now) and if the CU24 Floyd was out when I got the Torero, I would have picked up the CU24. I haven't actually played one, but I want to assume it's the same as the standard CU24.
I prefer the sound and feel of set necks over neck throughs and it has passive pickups. Also it comes in purple so what more could you want.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
The Torero has a lower and more pronounced cutaway, if you have problems with upper fret access on CU24s then that would be a big plus.

But other than that, they're different takes on the same guitar that are made in the same place by the same people. Hard to go wrong either way!

Edit: if you don't have a lot of experience with PRS guitars, I'd say the Torero is a slightly safer bet, I have a SE Mushok Baritone (27.7", 22 frets) and honestly if I was shredding on the upper frets the access just wouldn't be quite good enough for hands as big as mine. YMMV though!

Latest posts