Whiteswirls problems.

• Thread starter pondman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
This was posted on Jemsite. The guy is a friend of mine.
I'm posting it over here with his permission so nobody else gets stung. The following is his story and he's not alone.
The first 2 pics are the same guitar body.The top pic is what he should have got, the one below is what he got.
whiteswirls3.jpgwhiteswirls4.jpg
The 2 pics below are the same guitar body. The top pic is what he should have got. The one below is what he got.
whiteswirls.jpgwhiteswirls2.jpg

I'm going to leave this here in "off topic" as I didn't really know where else to post it.
Bit of a story so buckle in if you want to listen it - PSA

This is another unfortunate post about an experience with WhiteSwirls.
I've been holding off trying to resolve my issues amicably for what feels like weeks at this point, but I've had enough.

I paid $1800 for 2 WhiteSwirls bodies at the end of July, they are advertised in clearly over saturated pictures attached to this post.
Also attached to this post are the bodies that turned up. Make your own minds up around the quality.
The entire process has been filled with delays, emotional drama, lies and an utter lack of professionalism that I've never encountered before in my life.
I am sympathetic to the fact mistakes can happen, processes can go wrong, but it's the conduct of the seller in this instance that I can't forgive.

When the bodies eventually shipped out to me after considerable delay and a PayPal case being opened, the seller intentionally left out pictures of the front of the bodies and over saturated the packing photos. This made me suspicious.

When the bodies eventually turned up, I couldn't believe what I saw. To this day I don't have an explanation of what happened. Simply "I don't know" and "It must have happened in transit" offered as reasons. Again, make your mind up around the likeliness of this given the packing photos and the fact the paint sits under a sealed clear coat.

The most obvious explanation to this is, just like Drew’s body, they screwed up the clearcoat process, hid the mistake with strategically taken and enhanced photos - and then shipped the bodies anyway.

I'm currently in a situation where a refund was agreed through a pending PayPal claim and I've paid an additional $200 to send the guitar bodies back to Brazil, so I'm currently out $2000 with no products.

Customs have incorrectly picked up the goods as being liable for import taxes, something easily rectified by proving the bodies were created and shipped from Brazil. Mr WhiteSwirls is unwilling to do this, as delivery of the bodies back to him means I'm one step closer to a potential refund.

The seller has it in his power to refund me at any point and solve the customs issues, but refuses to do so, instead pushing me through weeks of stressful back and forth with PayPal and then finally forwarding me the correspondence in Portuguese from FedEx Brazil and expecting me to deal with it in a foreign language, halfway around the world.

He also offered me recently, to paint me 2 more bodies and I could "pay what I wanted" for them. Implying that even after spending $2000 on products I don't have; he will gladly take more money from me to replace them.

I have been incredibly patient with this, trying to resolve things peacefully, to the point of being called soft.
So, I'll say this now. WhiteSwirls can rant on about other people being out to get him, or being evil, but the guy is a thief and an utter ****ing scumbag. He is unprofessional and runs purely on emotion. He alters and enhances his photos to look better than they are. He has stolen $2000 of my money, which he has extracted from PayPal and spent. He brings personal issues into professional matters. He hasn't supplied a decent product and is now doing everything possible to avoid refunding.

I would strongly recommend you do not use or support this guy, should anything go wrong, this will be you.

Images above.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PCG

Reaction score
It looks like he tried using a UV-cure polyester for the clear and simply doesn't have the margins built into his pricing to be able to afford a complete redo. The intense UV blast that is required to set off the catalyst will obliterate the mica-based (neon) pigments if you don't know what you are doing.

Reaction score
I've been semi-following the drama on Facebook. Unfortunately there are scum people everywhere. Good luck for all of you who have been scammed...

Question, could any of you get this kind of job be done locally?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. I appreciate your posting thúc though. It’s important that we all do stuff like this, so we shut down these charlatans and scammers.

Xibuque

Reaction score
First of all, as a Brazilian, a feel sorry for him, a compatriot screwing people over is embaracing....
IMHO This guy is a joke! He just wanna play mad swirl scientist role with all that videos and forgets to care about the final result of his product. He has a weird behaivior on his social media, posting wierd sh*t. This is not the first case i heard about issues with his works, including before all that swirl paint stuff...

Unfortunatly the Brazilian Customs is a pain to deal with. If your friend need some translations just let me know! feel free to contact me!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The white swirls guy posted on his fb that he’s posting a video addressing stuff, doing a live swirl, etc. I commented that all people want to know is what he’s doing with these problem builds, since people want to see the customer service. He said he’s done 200 sales, and only had 2 complaints, which he dealt with property. So it doesn’t look like he’s willing to admit anything is even going on.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
This guy has no shame whatsoever. He's deleted all the comments from the victims on his FB page and put up a post saying "
🚨
Individuals perceive beauty differently, so "beauty is not a quality of things themselves, it exists only in the spirit that contemplates them, and each spirit perceives a different beauty! ". So what he's saying is he didn't send you some shite washed out rough arsed swirls. Your just not looking deep enough to appreciate the beauty of substandard crap.

He's even put a picture up of an ATD swirl next to the washed out pink one pictured on here, as if that was what he was trying to achieve. He's also accusing the OP of trying to achieve fame by posting his complaints :lol:

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm getting worried about this guys mental health.

whiteswirls         ..jpg

Last edited:

D1m3b4g

Reaction score
If dealing with it properly means gaslighting, lying, throwing insults and legal threats, not providing a refund and forcing everything through weeks of PayPal claims then sure. He dealt with it perfectly.

He dealt with it so well he even went into detail of sob story personal issues such as needing the money because of his divorce, and other assorted problems.

Reaction score
Still cranking them out

That's a cool build. I like the detailed back side, something that original Jems didn't have, right?... but what about that neck "pickup", is it s double sustainer? or is the inner coil just a dummy one? I followed the IG link and found nothing about it...

... sorry for derailing the thread.

D1m3b4g

Reaction score
Aside from using his child's PayPal account, WhiteSwirls taking us to new lows by using another of his children's FB account to justify stealing from me because it was a "one off".

IMG_3671.png

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
This idiot reminds me of Patrick Sims.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Man, I’m glad I waited.

I’ve got an RG470 I bought with the full intention of modding into a 77GMC and I hit him up a few months back to ask about pricing.

That really sucks, @D1m3b4g. I’m aware of who you are via Jemsite and other Ibanez FB groups, definitely no BS on your side of things and I believe you’ve had your hands on quite a few swirled guitars over the years!

It’s really too bad Darren has had such shit luck over the years. Actually, I haven’t heard from him lately, I should hit him up and see how things are going.