Who makes the best burgers?

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Who makes the best burgers?

• Burger King

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • McDonalds

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wendys

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Dairy Queen or other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Homemade, you know exactly whats going into the burger and dont have worry about the *secret* sauce.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
The best burger is from 2 places in Toronto Canada, one is a place called Johnys burger (north york toronto area) and then one that is called Harveys.

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
If any of you ever come to Chicago or the burbs of Chicago, check out Portillo's... odds are you will fall in love with the food because it is so good. They not only have the best Italian Beef and Hot Dogs, but their burgers are dam good, I'm talking 1/3 of a pound for a single... mmmmmmmmmm, now I want one. I know they just opened a location in Cali... But that don't beat a Chicago style deep dish pizza... So good even the ninja turtles are moving to Chicago...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nothing beats a good homemade burger.

Harvey's is a chain up here, and they're pretty good. Their Angus burger and their Sirloin burger are especially tasty, and their toppings are always fresh and you can have it made to order.

I just had a Dairy Queen burger for the first time in about 15 years... that was one tasty burger! And A&W is another good chain burger that i've started to enjoy more than the "big three" over the last few years.

There's a diner here in Toronto called Dangerous Dan's, and their burgers are awesome... and HUGE. They even serve a 24 oz. burger. They also have a couple of specials on their menu:

Dangerous Dan's said:
The Double D Proudly Presents:

Our specials for all of your incredibly excessive beef needs:

Bronto Ribs Dinner
2½ Lbs. Back Beef Ribs w/ French Fries or Mashed Potatoes
For Only $ 14.95 (Royale 18.70)

Try our 24oz Bulls Balls Burger
w/ Fries and a Pop
For Only $ 13.45 (Royale 17.20)

The Coronary Burger Special
2 8oz Patties, 4 Slices of Bacon, 2 Slices of Cheddar and a Fried Egg on top. Served w/ Fries and Gravy, Can of Pop and Mayo as a garnish for sure!
$ 13.45 (Royale 17.20)

Quadruple C
"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake (flavor of your choice) and a small poutine.
$ 21.99 (Royale 25.74)

The "Royale" option is a combo with a deep-fried Mars bar with whipped cream for dessert.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
Dangerous Dan's, and their burgers are awesome... and HUGE. They even serve a 24 oz. burger. They also have a couple of specials on their menu:

The "Royale" option is a combo with a deep-fried Mars bar with whipped cream for dessert.

Sign me right up for those ribs! That colon clogger thing is frightening!:eek:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Huge burgers effin' kick ass!

Last week, I was at the Roskilde Festival (i saw Tool! Yay!), and there I also faced the burger of digestive destruction.

A good half hour's walk away from where the festival takes place, there is a little burger joint called Vikingegryden (The Viking Pot) where they serve the infamous Buggi Burger. Pronounced, "Boogie", btw.

For those of you familiar with the metric system, it's 310 grams of beef, put inside a bun with a diameter of about 25 cm with enough salad, cheese, bacon and ketchupy goodness to feed an army.
And it's cheap as hell. only about 4.5 $, and after eating one, you don't need anymore food for the remainder of the day. A small disadvantage though, is that your stomach is totally knocked out after having eaten a whole burger, so you'll have to pause slightly with the drinking for a few hours, or you'll get sick. If that is the case with everyone, or if I'm just a pussy I don't know.

But get this: The sickest thing is, that for an extra 20% in the price, they'll give you the double, which is just two burgers in the bun instead of two. 620 grams of meat!

Vegan's nightmare, I tell ya.

And one last thing, the burgers tasted friggin' great.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
<quote>Try our 24oz Bulls Balls Burger
w/ Fries and a Pop
For Only $ 13.45 (Royale 17.20)</quote>

I'll pass, thanks.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
garcia3441 said:
<quote>Try our 24oz Bulls Balls Burger
w/ Fries and a Pop
For Only $ 13.45 (Royale 17.20)</quote>

I'll pass, thanks.

That's right! You'll pass something very large! :poop: :lol:

Oguz286

Reaction score
Who makes the best burgers? My mom! (no rly!) She makes burgers of any kind that far surpasses anything i ate until today. The great thing is that when she takes a bite out of a burger, she can make the exact same burger (but even better). I mean, when i eat, i eat like 10 hamburgers with 2L of cola and about a large plate full of french fries, so if i would eat that at McDonalds or something, i would be broke for the rest of my life :ugh:

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
7slinger said:
I haven't had a decent fast food burger in years, I almost always get chicken

Same here, I prefer to make my own burgers but fast food wise I'd have to say White castle, you can eat so many of those tiny burgers man.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried them all when I was over in the USA a couple of weeks ago. Im gonna with Whopper. Just tasted the best.

White Castle .. only when drunk, then those nasty, dirty, evil little fuckers are heaven!

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Wendy's.

I like White Castle, but always pay for it a day later. :noplease:

Latest posts