Who makes the best burgers?

• Thread starter Shawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Who makes the best burgers?

• Burger King

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • McDonalds

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wendys

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Dairy Queen or other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is a tough one for me because I really like the Burger King Whopper (with cheese of course), McDonald's burgers (especially their Quarter Pounder) are alright, Wendy's Big Bacon Classic is probably my favorite burger. It's a toss up between that and the Whopper for me. I guess im going to choose the Big Bacon Classic from Wendys. :agreed:

What do you all think? Who makes the most delicious burger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't had a decent fast food burger in years, I almost always get chicken, or better yet, Jimmy Johns (awesome subs)...

but if I had to choose, I'd pick DQ me thinks

Firebeard

Viking Lord
Reaction score
I have to go with the whopper. Nothing like a heart attack with mayo and cheese. :lol:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't eat meat unless I'm a guest at someone's house.

There's a book & film called 'Mad Cowboy' which does a fantastic job of presenting information about the links between farming, health, environment, and animals. Fast Food Nation is another eye-opening book.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I eat meat and I'm proud of it. :D
Anyway, let's not turn this into that kind of debate. :)

I chose Burger King. But back home, I'd always go for a nice greasy Hardee's Frisco burger. :metal:

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Big Bacon Classic kicks total ass, plain of course..and if you're hungry order another patty with it.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wendy's single with everything rocks. i'm also a huge Jimmy Johns fan, as well as Arby's and Taco Bell.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
SO many burgers to choose from! I think I'll have to vote other as I remember some places having amazing burgers, but I can't remember what they're called! Jack in the box? Something like that?

Other than that Wendy's is excellent as is burger king, even though they don't have wendy's over here anymore.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I do. :agreed:

I don't really go for fast food burgers. Overcooked patties, soft, textureless rolls, stale lettuce and tomato, and mayo, ketchup, mustard, and chopped-up onion... It just does nothing for me.

I'll take a proper chunk of ground beef, shaped into a nice, thick, juicy patty, cooked to medium rare and served up on a proper kaiser roll any day. Or, for kicks, sometimes I'll do burger patties as basically large, flattened italian meatballs - mix some sauteed fine-chopped onion (so it's not crunchy - way better this way), bread crumbs, basil, oregano, and garlic and some egg white in with the beef before shaping it into patties. Awesome. :D

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I do. :agreed:

I don't really go for fast food burgers. Overcooked patties, soft, textureless rolls, stale lettuce and tomato, and mayo, ketchup, mustard, and chopped-up onion... It just does nothing for me.

I'll take a proper chunk of ground beef, shaped into a nice, thick, juicy patty, cooked to medium rare and served up on a proper kaiser roll any day. Or, for kicks, sometimes I'll do burger patties as basically large, flattened italian meatballs - mix some sauteed fine-chopped onion (so it's not crunchy - way better this way), bread crumbs, basil, oregano, and garlic and some egg white in with the beef before shaping it into patties. Awesome. :D
You know what's sad? Just from LOOKING at the title of this thread, I totally knew you were going to post something along these lines, Drew, showcasing your uber metro-sexiness. :fawk:

Dude, sometimes I love you. :lol:

On topic - me, I love a BK Whopper. With cheese. No onion or tomato.

But I like Subway's Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on honey oat bread sub the most. I also have vegan leanings, but I haven't comitted yet. So I don't eat tons of meat. The predator in me is still alive and well, however! *

*I'd like to do it Ted Nugent style, and hunt all my own meat. What I don't hunt, buy from organic markets, and raise m'own chickens. The country life for me!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not all the time? :(

:lol:

Sorry, I just really don't like fast food. also, being able to cook well is uber-masculine; since the dawn of time, women have gone for men who can provide for their basic needs the best. It's just, these days, you don't have to go out and kill it yourself for 'em, you just need to know a good butcher. :D

(I was raised in a near-vegetarian household from the age of maybe 8-onward, so I also eat a fairly low meat diet, but that doesn't mean I don't still love a really good burger with an ice cold beer on the side. :D)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Not all the time? :(

:lol:

Sorry, I just really don't like fast food. also, being able to cook well is uber-masculine; since the dawn of time, women have gone for men who can provide for their basic needs the best. It's just, these days, you don't have to go out and kill it yourself for 'em, you just need to know a good butcher. :D

(I was raised in a near-vegetarian household from the age of maybe 8-onward, so I also eat a fairly low meat diet, but that doesn't mean I don't still love a really good burger with an ice cold beer on the side. :D)
:lol: Ok, ALL the fuckin' time!

:agreed: On all counts. I adore cooking, too. And decent meat now and then is a nice thing, thanks to our predatory evolutionary history.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew: http://www.fiveguys.com/

Fast food atmosphere, but the food is top-notch. Fresh ground chuck from a butcher, fresh baked buns from a bakery, fresh cut fries with the skin still on, and fresh veggies for toppings.

They've expanded as far north as Connecticut and New York now. Be on the lookout.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Saw you're other thread. Hmm. I'm wondering how close to New Haven any of those places are - might have to make a road trip next time I go down to see the sister. :)