Who's Been Drinkin'?

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Once my friend and I were drinking some hattutequila with salt and lemon. After emptying the .7l bottle we needed more, so we started drinkin *jallu in that style. When the *jallu was empty we went to all the closest bars to drink tequila.

My friend broke his boots on that journey, I've never been that drunk in my life and that hangover... Well, I was afraid I was going to die and afraid that I wasn't going to die at the same time. Never really drank hattutequila after that.

And this reminds me I'll have to go and get some GOOD tequila (from the 80e per bottle range upwards stuff) after I get out! Now that is some good stuff!

Oh and as a disclaimer: I do not recommend drinking *jallu like a cheap tequila.

Yeah, I don't mind tequila. Patron is actually pretty funny tasting. But getting drunk on that stuff is the worst mistake a man can do. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Never really drank hattutequila after that.

Apparently there's two versions of said tequila - the one with the red hat is terrible and needs lots of salt and lemon, but then there's the gold hat version and that's supposedly pretty good.

I don't think I've had tequila since Tuska 2012 -> I don't remember more than few random frames of a few bands here and there, I was just so damned drunk the whole weekend :lol: Anyway, at an afterparty thing, someone mentioned wanting to get a round of tequila, so I went and bought a round. Just as I got them, I heard someone say "let's go to a different bar" and no-one wanted the tequila, so I had to drink the ~10 shots of tequila real quick so I wouldn't be left behind... In the next bar I passed out at a table. and when I woke up, no-one was around (they were playing pool in the next room, in the same bar), but I knew they hadn't left me behind because I was wearing my friends' (woman) pink cowboy hat and purse :lol: A bit of a WTF moment, but then I just grabbed another beer and the night went on.

getting drunk on that stuff is the worst mistake a man can do. :lol:

Yeah, the hangover's usually pretty bad from that. I can think of two worse things though: home-made apple wine (something about the fermented apples just makes my stomach turn around afterwards, even though it can taste really good) and Gambina... Gambina is weird, it doesn't actually have that much alcohol in it, but something about it just makes you go absolutely nuts. And I've vomited blood (or maybe it's just the drink coloring the puke...) the next day a few times after drinking it, that's not fun either. Haven't had that since around 2013 either.

Last edited:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Having a bottle of some good ol' Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Not the most flashiest pale ale especially by today's standards but damn it, for me it's the defining pale ale.

Edit: And before anyone even mentions it, no, the Torpedo version is not better. Too strong for my taste. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Went on the Nordic Metal Cruise the weekend before this weekend and got pretty much wasted. Went to sleep relatively early on the Saturday because I'd woken up early in the morning with the kids, but then on Sunday I started my day with an Irish coffee + beer + a shot of Fireball at 9 am, so you can probably guess how sober I was when I got home :drew:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Having a couple drinks with the wife, watching some youtube, and wound up watching some Mexicans roast Rachel Ray's pozole, and I realized I've been working with Mexicans too long. I said I needed to figure out how to make some, and was telling her what it was. It's like menudo, pero...I don't actually speak spanish (maybe), how the hell did I forget what a word was in English? And that's not the first time that's happened.

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Finished up a work trip to Scotland and Netherlands this past week. Coworkers were Scots so... yeah, had to remember my expat training for drinking with them and just cut out early before things got stupid. Lots of beer and whiskey for someone who usually drinks wine (vacay will be Burgundy and Reims). Still, got to enjoy some local treasures while I was in Scotland. Coming from Texas, it was also a surprise seeing Topo Chico hard seltzer in Groningen!

Reaction score
Finished up a work trip to Scotland and Netherlands this past week. Coworkers were Scots so... yeah, had to remember my expat training for drinking with them and just cut out early before things got stupid. Lots of beer and whiskey for someone who usually drinks wine (vacay will be Burgundy and Reims). Still, got to enjoy some local treasures while I was in Scotland. Coming from Texas, it was also a surprise seeing Topo Chico hard seltzer in Groningen!
All the places in The Netherlands you could go, and you go to Groningen :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Blackstone Working Title weisse beer. Very orange and sour forward for a weisse. Not a lot of the ester quality I generally look for in a weisse.

More Brewing Villa Pils- a supremely boring take on a Pils. Drinkable but mediocre

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I've been on a big Mai Tai kick lately. There's a local craft beer festival this weekend that should be fun

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Just regular old $1 beer for me. I've had 12 so far this evening. It's gonna be a long weekend since I have monday off. :drew:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Jesus H. Chrysler... Last thing I remember from yesterday is donating 40€ to some kids who were playing some Ukrainian songs on the street corner around 5pm. The weird thing is I only found 3 empty cans from my desk and two of them were half full so now I'm too scared to check what happened to the 100€ bottle of Japanese whisky I bought yesterday. :lol:

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I just pulled a 2 day drinking spree. Don't even remember when was the last time I did something like this. Oh well, had some fun with good pals and my brother, so no ragrets.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Got sick of beer so I switched to whiskey but it feels like a crime against humanity to mix my beloved Hibiki Harmony ($100 a bottle) with Canada Dry. Even though you usually use pretty straightforward tasting whiskies to make a coctail, I have to admit I kinda like the taste of a smoky whiskey longened with ginger ale.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Went to local hypermarket yesterday and got somekind of discounted price beers for quite cheap, which is rare in a country where alcohol is heavily taxed. Occasionally you could find discounted batches if their last day of use is near, but it wasn't in those beers.

Last edited:

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Went to local hypermarket yesterday and got somekind of discounted price beers for quite cheap, which is rare in a a country where alcohol is heavily taxed. Occasionally you could find discounted batches if their last day of use is near, but it wasn't in those beers.
It's the christmas miracle!

I remember when discount beer/cider/long drinks were a common sight. But not anymore. :(