Who's the cleanest electric guitar player you've heard

• Thread starter sojourner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Overtone

Reaction score
Vinnie has some of the most control over his articulation and bends/vibrato.

AH is an amazingly clean player but definitely more of a smooth guy, he's not ripping bends all over the place. Gets a vote for sure

Andy Timmons. Articulate but he also has great note choice and emphasis, which keeps you interested.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

Just watch...

I've heard Paul do a hundred different versions of the Technical Difficulties solo and none of them are as good as the one on the album. I wonder why he always deviates so much from the one he originally recorded, maybe he just doesn't like it now, what a shame as imo it's one of his best.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Other than the many already mentioned that I agree with, two people called Ben:

Benjamin Ellis from Bloodshot Dawn.

Ben Tovey from Rise To Remain at 1:50 (I can attest that he is genuinely this much of a beast IRL)

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
Super disappointed we got to page 2 before anyone mentioned Tom Quayle. Also super LOL at whoever said John McLaughlin! Don't get me wrong, he's in my top 10 musical influences but he's almost on the same level as Hendrix as far as being loose with his playing.

I actually agree with you on McLaughlin. His playing is fairly "Black Swan;" imperfect but free, intuitive, passionate.

No one can mistake the solo in this video for clean playing. :lol: Yet it works really well for this section of the song.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
To this day, I have yet to discover somebody's playing cleaner than Jarle H. Olsen. He's a madman on guitar, and his soloing and picking are so accurate and squeaky clean, it's frightening.

And I NEVER see his name mentioned anywhere on the forums, which perplexes me.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
To this day, I have yet to discover somebody's playing cleaner than Jarle H. Olsen. He's a madman on guitar, and his soloing and picking are so accurate and squeaky clean, it's frightening.

And I NEVER see his name mentioned anywhere on the forums, which perplexes me.

So underrated, I agree. STELLAR player!

Rylynn

Reaction score
5.Scotty Anderson
Check out Scotty Anderson, He's like the Shawn Lane of country music:

YES. I also agree that he's the Shawn Lane of country/rockabilly guitar,
Scotty is the best fingerpicker out there when it comes to electric guitar playing.

MrPowers

Reaction score
Al Pitrelli and JB Brubaker were hands down the two best live guitarists I've seen.

rastachild

Reaction score
surprised no mention of per nilsson...lots of legato, but his leadwork is flawless nonetheless.

Dominoes282

Mixing Engineer
Reaction score
Two people

Marshall Harrison:

Why?
If he can be that clean with 808's he can be that clean on anything

Misha Mansoor:

Why?
He makes that guitar his bitch

BEADGBE7

Reaction score
Misha Mansoor:

Why?
He makes that guitar his bitch

this is pretty funny to me, misha is cool and all, but nolly's the best guitarist in the band, hell, he even plays the best lick in THIS video!:lol:

EDIT: also just realized watching it agian right now, @1:43 nolly is playing one of my all-time favorite Marty Friedman's solo from Lucretia by megadeth.

How About Marty friedman, guys? sometimes he's not the "cleanest", but damn.... great player, probably the only reason i ever go back and listen to megadeth haha

Rawkmann

Reaction score
Definitely a dude that not a lot of people have heard of I think but Olivier Lapauze absolutely blows me away. He's the guitar player for Heavenly.

redstone

Reaction score

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Not a shredder but I think John Browne from Monuments has one of the cleanest playing out there.