Who's using JamUp already?

• Thread starter JrPositiveGrid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I've got a 1st gen iPad- anyone know of any issues using it on an 1st gen as opposed to a newer model of iPad?

Since I'm deployed, I'm seriously considering picking this app up along with an interface. I'm just not sure I want to completely replace Guitar Rig on my laptop.

It's really disapointing that there is no such thing for any Android devices......

For real! As I understand it, it's a problem with Android, not the developers. iOS is the only mobile operating system (that I'm aware of) that is capable of low-latency audio processing, and it pisses me off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nemonic

Reaction score
Let me clarify something.

Using presets is really misunderstood nowadays. It is not about expecting the same sound, because this is very naive. It is more about taking a look at how did, for example Misha or Ola achieved this kind of sound. If you want to get closer to their sound, you have to re-tweak it heavily.
For example, when they put Pre and Post EQ inside their chain, it does not mean that you should use the same setting. It just tells you that for their playing style and setup they cut/boost something in front and after the amp.
Another thing is that they use top quality guitars, which is something that i for instance do not have.

I also want to state that while this thread is about Jam Up, top quality software for mobile devices and even beyond that in my opinion, the device on its own is much more. I use it as a regular DAW, I can even load drum samples made by pretty well known studio engineer inside and then use it as a drum machine/module. Not to mention how many pianos, organs and synths I can use.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
There's also very slight latency with the Apogee Jam (the input device I'm using). Maybe this thing sounds better with a different interface, but I sort of just stopped using/caring about it after my experience. I was using both an iphone 4s and an ipad 2 when I did mess around with this application.

Did you try turning on the "Ultra low latency" option under Settings? When activated, there's still some noticeable latency... but I would classify it as tolerable. To me, it's roughly comparable to standing about 15-20 feet away from a physical speaker cab.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Just saw this, awesome!

My most recent video with JamUp, comparison between the white and black JamUp plugs.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I've done so for a while, but you know that already. ;) Also making a new vid using it for the bass as well. It's my best friend on the road! :yesway:

fitterhappier

More Productive
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips to get the Ola War amp to sound less dark and fizzy?

I too have had a difficult time with that model. The closest I got it to sound good was to use the Merrow OD and a compressor in front, and then throw the Loomis Parametric EQ in the loop and just tweak until it sounds good. But even then, it still didn't sound anywhere near as good as the 5153.

Bulb's demo with the War sounded pretty good - I wonder if he's posted those settings anywhere.

Chuck

Reaction score
I too have had a difficult time with that model. The closest I got it to sound good was to use the Merrow OD and a compressor in front, and then throw the Loomis Parametric EQ in the loop and just tweak until it sounds good. But even then, it still didn't sound anywhere near as good as the 5153.

Bulb's demo with the War sounded pretty good - I wonder if he's posted those settings anywhere.

Yeah I asked him in the iOS modelers thread for some tips since his demo sounded so monstrous. I'll look into the share database now though. I did get the War amp to sound a but better last night. I just got very conservative with the EQ and that helped a bit.

guy in latvia

Reaction score
I think an amazing option for JamUp would be to add the ability to disable cabinets AND the ability to import impulses, that would allow me to take this thing to the stage, easy!

morethan6

Reaction score
Hi everyone! JR here from Positive Grid to discuss all things JamUp and JamUp PRO mobile guitar app.

So who’s using it already? Have you replaced your physical amp and/or pedals for practicing, recording or live gigs with JamUp?

JR.

I'm using it for recording - it KILLS. Only problem is - how do I get the Plug in the UK??

Seriously good app bro. My Eleven Rack is collecting dust. No joke.

:)