Why are 2nd amendment people also champions of the police?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Do you really think we won't have facial recognition surveillance? I am pretty sure you are aware of the government already spying and collecting data on citizens through phones and computers. You can thank your good republican buddy Bush for signing a law that says you or I can be detained indefinitely with no right to trial or representation if we are only suspected of terrorist activity. It isn't the government that wants gun control. They are quite happy to have all of us afraid to walk the streets for fear of being mugged, raped and murdered by minorities. That is the story they love to push because it helps keep people afraid of each other. It is regular people that are sick and tired of any idiot having free access to firearms. It has nothing to do with the constitution and everything to do with common sense.

NateFalcon

Reaction score
I kinda agree, but it seems the media are telling people now to “not being bigoted” about being raped, robbed, and murdered by the underclass (race aside)...they’re telling you law abiding citizens are volatile and ready to shoot everyone and criminals are “good people down on their luck” to keep people scared...

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
the media according to Nate said:
Don't be bigoted about getting raped!

literally wtf are you talking about :lol: it doesn't even make fucking sense

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Because my argument supercedes any kind of "stats". I really don't care if America supposedly has the most gun deaths per capita. I agree with the following unverified quote....

That's fine, you don't have to care about stats...but you can't very well expect people to take you seriously when you state that you're willing to ignore evidence in favor of what could be called a platitude.

This is why I dont care to get into a "reference link war". (I shouldn't have but I did). Its people literally throwing links at each other as their absolute truth.

It's not a link reference war, heck, the only reason links typically get brought into discussions like this is because people state something that conflicts with facts and when they get called out, they won't accept that they're wrong without seeing evidence. If you claim something outlandish with no evidence and then refuse to cite reputable sources, people are going to "dog pile" and provide you with the necessary evidence to encourage you to change your position.

"This thread doesn't care about your feelings". No. The Constitution doesn't care about your feelings either......."I never said I want to take guns away completely". No, but starting with restrictions is what starts to the slow process of dissolving your own rights. It will not end. You give an inch, they take a mile. People are literally marching to have their own rights restricted/taken away in the name of feeling safe. Those same people from the left even want certain speech to be taken away/censored.

Funny you should start down that thread as the document itself only references the word "arms" (let alone the militia angle) it doesn't go into detail as to what that word is intended to mean. Setting aside the "automatic weapons weren't a thing back then" argument, why can't I own a "bomb" (as dropped from a plane) based on the second amendment? An RPG launcher? A (insert assault weapon here)? The list goes on. We as a society (even the NRA, to my knowledge) has admitted that there should be restrictions on the intent of the second amendment, so all we're doing at this point is quibbling over where the threshold should be for a private citizen. If you want to claim "the text of the constitution is king," that's fine, but most wouldn't say that it can be pressed into the service you seem to be claiming here.

I've spoken at some length with a liberal, black, gay guy in the legal profession who you'd expect would disagree with the 2nd amendment, and surprisingly (or, perhaps respectably for the sake of the law), he was more concerned with people glossing over the "for the purpose of maintaining a well-regulated militia" portion of the text. Almost encourages people to own assault style weapons and military-grade equipment for the sake of defense of the country and/or the country from the government and yet no one seems to be advocating for that either...

As to the free speech stuff, I 100% think the people on the left are crazy. Micro-agressions and all that PC BS can go die in a fire.

Dont care if anyone thinks its ridiculous or stupid. You can rebut my post with whatever holy stat you want. I don't care. There it is.

They aren't "holy" stats....they're the truth, at least insofar as you understand how they arrived at whatever data they're claiming. The fact that you continue to rag on reality because it disagrees with what you want to believe is concerning, that's all we're getting at.

Besides, Max I wasnt talking to you I was responding to Watty.; and Watty, I wasnt even talking to you earlier i was responding to Drew.

Doesn't matter who you're responding to when you say stuff like "all atheists believe x," or "holy stats." You opened yourself up to valid criticism for spouting stuff like that without basis in fact...

Edit: I think the Mods came and cleaned up some stuff. ;)

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Because my argument supercedes any kind of "stats". I really don't care if America supposedly has the most gun deaths per capita. I agree with the following unverified quote....

If you don't care about the stats, then we're just going to sit around here talking about our feelings (as you did), and I can't imagine anything more liberal than that :D Is that what you want?

Similarly, if you equate some legislation on stricter gun control to a totalitarian state that uses robots to monitor happiness (as you did), then what's the point of even entering this debate? There has to be some semblance of a neuron firing in your head to say, hey, that is not a natural and inevitable progression of passing some common-sense legislation to reduce the number of gun deaths in the country with by far the highest gun death per capita rate of any developed nation.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
There is this really cool option on TheGearPage to ignore certain subforums. I'm almost certain they use the same exact forum software as SSO, hint hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.