Why are 2nd amendment people also champions of the police?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that confuse me about the political views of the the major parties. One is this: those passionate about the 2nd amendment often cite the potential need to defend ourselves against the government. Yet, they are also the same ones to side with cops, and be a “blue lives matter” supporter. When presented with a “unarmed man shot 20 times by two cops (a recent headline in my area), I’m surprised that these guys are fully in support of the police. Why is that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
Because even the mall cop-minded civilians who buy guns to imitate the militarized local police vote against their own interests.

As has been pointed out by many, that’s like asking why those who identify as anti-abortion tend to be opposed to LGBQT people who are guaranteed to never have abortions.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Because in the big battle the cops, who have off-time and families and whatnot, will naturally join the rebel forces against the military personnel, who are mindless killing machines and will unquestionably obey whatever orders are given to them -- even those to go after private citizens.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
When presented with a “unarmed man shot 20 times by two cops (a recent headline in my area), I’m surprised that these guys are fully in support of the police. Why is that?
Because the term "unarmed" also applies to guys carrying a fork... :fever:

*runs away*

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because some people are just kinda dumb.

tumblr_osjq5woPKi1w5tpgio1_500.jpg

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think another aspect is the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality. ..."

Essentially what I was going to post. I was going to put it as:
  1. Regarding the 2nd Amendment: It only applies to caucasians.
  2. Regarding fear-based, extra-judicial executions: See #1.
Evidence supporting my "learned assessment":
  • A literally face-eating white suburban kid is arrested w/o a shot being fired or taser being used
  • An un-armed social worker, laying on the ground is executed
  • Barely above poverty-level caucasians are allowed to "protest" and open carry
  • A colored law student is executed in his car after telling an officer he has a concealed carry permit and there is a gun in the glove-box
  • Caucassin mass murderers are almost always "good kids", or "from broken homes", or "had tough lives", etc.
  • Non-caucassin victims are almost always "thugs", have "anger issues", "imposing", "troubled", etc.
  • Y'all-qeda takes over a government facility for days and not a shot was fired
  • In 2017, the per capita rate of police killing was 2.5 times higher for brown suspects
  • In 2018, the per capita rate is (so far) 1.9 times higher
Regarding my "fear-based" comment:
  • I have spent a total of 30 months in Afghanistan
  • I have had situations where I'm standing there, with my finger outside the trigger guard contemplating if I need to fire

Unslaved

Reaction score
There are a lot of things that confuse me about the political views of the the major parties. One is this: those passionate about the 2nd amendment often cite the potential need to defend ourselves against the government. Yet, they are also the same ones to side with cops, and be a “blue lives matter” supporter. When presented with a “unarmed man shot 20 times by two cops (a recent headline in my area), I’m surprised that these guys are fully in support of the police. Why is that?

Likewise it can be said for the other side too. Those that claim to support the right for individuals to own a firearm, but in the same breath also say "but really I wish guns didn't exist, and we should get rid of the 2nd amendment if it means another kid doesn't have to die". They champion people like bernie sanders and other politicians who are surrounded by armed gaurds, and think only the military and police should have guns.

Basically, people want their own country to be protected by armed people to protect against an outside threat, yet dont want a right that would allow themselves and others to protect their own home against an outside threat.

But there is a flaw in your concern because "cops" are not government. When people talk about protection from government, that doesnt include the police. Government is the FBI, SWAT, Military, Black Water Special Forces, and other federal agents.

That being said.....I am a 2nd supporter, however I am absolutley disgusted by what these police officers who are doing wrong are getting away with, and given a slap on the wrist. It's evident that there is a of blind-eye turning going on, and that is corruption to the core.

narad

Reaction score
Basically, people want their own country to be protected by armed people to protect against an outside threat, yet dont want a right that would allow themselves and others to protect their own home against an outside threat.

This is supposed to be some sort of catch-22?

People claim to want free speech, but yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and it's a crime! Wake up, sheeple!!

Unslaved

Reaction score
This is supposed to be some sort of catch-22?

People claim to want free speech, but yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and it's a crime! Wake up, sheeple!!
Um no. Thats not the same thing. I dont know why you assume that I think your scenario is OK and proper. You tell those bible thumpers!!!

Last edited:

narad

Reaction score
Um no. Thats not the same thing. I dont know why you assume that I think your scenario is OK and proper. You tell those bible thumpers!!!

It's not the same thing -- it's an analogy. Everything has its proper place. There's nothing surprising that people want soldiers to have guns and don't want just any random neighborhood dude to have one.

Unslaved

Reaction score
  • Caucassin mass murderers are almost always "good kids", or "from broken homes", or "had tough lives", etc.
  • Non-caucassin victims are almost always "thugs", have "anger issues", "imposing", "troubled", etc.
I agree. Your absolutley right that fatherless homes in communites of "brown skinned" people are a monumental problem!

Unslaved

Reaction score
It's not the same thing -- it's an analogy. Everything has its proper place. There's nothing surprising that people want soldiers to have guns and don't want just any random neighborhood dude to have one.
Years ago people would say "my fellow American" or "my fellow neighbor/friend".

In 2018 its just some random dude.

narad

Reaction score
Years ago people would say "my fellow American" or "my fellow neighbor/friend".

In 2018 its just some random dude.

The phrase "There goes the neighborhood" wasn't coined in 2018. You like your neighbors who are like you, and you don't like the neighbors that have a confederate flag hanging in the garage and turn their entire front yard into a mudpit trying to make some sort of make-shift pool for their children with a backhoe and a garden hose.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's awesome. :lol:

Wait, I too don't see the contradiction here. :scratch:

Essentially what I was going to post. I was going to put it as:
  1. Regarding the 2nd Amendment: It only applies to caucasians.
  2. Regarding fear-based, extra-judicial executions: See #1.
I think an interesting implicit thing to keep in mind here, is that the "pro second amendment AND pro cop" thing is potentially unstable, and could change VERY fast. I forget the comedian who joked that if all the black guys in America were to go out and buy guns, we'd get gun control in a hurry, but he was absolutely correct - a sudden uptick in minority gun ownership would strain that pretty badly, I'd think.

Then again, I've definitely been guilty of underestimating the ability of conservatives to withstand cognitive dissonance in the past, so who knows. :lol:

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
  • I have spent a total of 30 months in Afghanistan
  • I have had situations where I'm standing there, with my finger outside the trigger guard contemplating if I need to fire
This.

I spent three years in Iraq. Most of that time was in the gun turret of a truck. The rest of the time was either in a guard tower or down on the ground standing at the ECP. I was involved in many incidents where I would have been in the clear to outright kill somebody. I am happy that I never had to.

I have found in the army that there are different types. There really are people that join just for a chance to kill someone. They are trigger happy just waiting for that moment and any excuse. I am sure there are some of these in the police force as well.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...

I agree. Your absolutley right that fatherless homes in communites of "brown skinned" people are a monumental problem!

Hahahahaha!

It's great of you, by applying the "broken homes" from the description of caucasian mass murderers to minorities instead, to let us know your own prejudices.

Carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.