Why are you happy right now?

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I'm way too lazy to heat up the sauna even though ours only takes like half an hour, but today I did. Then I bathed my daughters, and thanks to the sauna they fell asleep almost like by the press of a button. So then I went back to the sauna alone, took a himalayan salt foot bath and had a couple of beers. I don't think I can be anymore relaxed than this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Been craving some steak for a long time, and today I'm celebrating my birthday in Helsinki with my wife. We had a three course dinner, and the main course was a pretty substantial piece of ribeye. And on top of it all, wife couldn't finnish hers so I got the rest. I think I ate like half a kilo of steak.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I’m happy right now because it doesn’t get any better than this.

IMG-9796.jpg

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I finally, *FINALLY* heard my seven string violin through one of my DSLs at top volume. God damned crushing bowing out that low Bb with a fifth ghosting in on the draw-back. The bow has enough grit that it just takes a hint of drive from the amp and it's blasting you like a machine gun.

Now to cook up some orchestration and get some recordings.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I am happy because whenever I am gone for a couple of days, my fucking kittycat is so happy to see me. He melts my heart.

I finally, *FINALLY* heard my seven string violin through one of my DSLs at top volume. God damned crushing bowing out that low Bb with a fifth ghosting in on the draw-back. The bow has enough grit that it just takes a hint of drive from the amp and it's blasting you like a machine gun.

Now to cook up some orchestration and get some recordings.
IdK what they were using for drive, but I saw SubRosa three times and the last two, both of the violinists played through Model T full stacks and it was absolutely fucking crushing.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I am happy because whenever I am gone for a couple of days, my fucking kittycat is so happy to see me. He melts my heart.

IdK what they were using for drive, but I saw SubRosa three times and the last two, both of the violinists played through Model T full stacks and it was absolutely fucking crushing.
Well, there's another band for me to check out.

I did try it with a Metalzone I have dialed up for guitar. Too much. And an SD-1 I tweaked a bit, but I just think in the case of the violin, the amp itself has the perfect grit. In fact, I almost like the violin tone of the DSL better than the guitar tone.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I also met with a drummer last night that seems like it’s going to be a GREAT fit! I’ve rarely walked away from a first meeting like that as pumped up as I was.

My goal for the last 2 years was just to get in a band so I could play live, after various BS situations I decided to just start my own original band because fuck all that other shit. I just want to write some fairly basic metal tunes that sound like Lamb Of God, AIC and Pantera mixed together, play them tight and loud as fuck and rock our local dive bar scene (which is rather healthy with metal).

I found this drummer on bandmix, where I saw a video of them killing it at a festival show in Venezuela, then I saw it was a woman. Shot her a message to see if she was interested in starting something and we met up last night at a bar to shoot the shit.

One of the things that I’ve always loved about South Florida is the mix of culture and how you can meet someone from an entirely different country and still have a million things in common. We couldn’t stay on one topic, for nearly 3 hours it was nonstop discussion on music and life experiences.

She kept saying “if I can play what you want me to play” and I had to stop her to tell her, “I want you to play what YOU want to play”, apparently she had nearly everything dictated to her in previous bands, she got tears in her eyes when I told her her that.

Next stop is a practice space to make some noise!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hnnnng, I finally cracked thru the first layer of gym rust into some of my previous levels. Lately I've been hitting a wall at 25 mins on the elliptical, which isn't crazy considering I've been back for 3 weeks and only did about 3 runs at 20 mins before moving up; but I was so close to 3 miles by the time I was done (2.75) that it offended me.

So tonight I just took the pace back a hair to mid 6s, and sort of ground it out and felt really good during the first bit; flew right into the 25 no problem, and I had moments where I was reaching higher paces during songs like before, and then I knew shit was REALLY clicking when I got that second wind around 27 mins. That was always sort of my mark before, and even going into 30 mins I felt pretty light. I decided to click over to check the distance shortly after, saw it was 3.4 and was just sort of bored so I hung it up on a nice even number.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
One of the few perks of my current job: Retired computers are free to take. Got a nice mobile workstation for my recording system now. And, since I'm in IT, I got to just take my own retired system home. I've been beating on this thing for a few years, and it's never had a problem at all. My last one? Wew, wouldn't take that one home if they'd paid me. Replaced the drive something like three times in the four years I used it. This one I had for three years, nary an issue.

Which also means the wife gets a fairly new (bought it last spring) pro-sumer level laptop once I clean up my current rig. She tends to not need much for power, surf, email, picture editing, and light gaming, so she's pretty happy with the idea too.

And anybody knows that if you can get something new AND make the spouse happy at the same time, that's the dream. Haven't had one of those for a while.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Walked away from a bunk gear purchase scenario yesterday. Went to look at two crusty old SUNN 4x10 PA columns, a SUNN wedge monitor, and an ancient Peavey Standard PA head. I got out of the car with a guitar and Karen goes "I don't know why you have that." "To test everything out." "I don't think so." Big red flag and I should've just walked right there, but I was still curious and wanted to see it with my own eyes. She was saying stuff like "trust me, it works, it was my Dad's." I offered her $440 for the whole pile of shit (still more than it was worth IMO, it's been rotting on marketplace for close to two years and there's nothing special about it except the SUNN badges) and she wouldn't budge lower than $500 so we walked.

Why is this in the happy thread? Because it felt good to know what I was willing to pay and politely stand my ground. I really shouldn't have even made an offer on gear she refused to let us test, but I had a strong feeling she was going to decline my offer anyway so I just did it for the love of the game.

Re:"trust me, it works, it's my Dad's" when I repeated this to my friend who drove us there, she said "lots of stuff that worked for my Dad doesn't work for me, that's why I'm in therapy." :lol: :lol: :lol: