Why are you happy right now?

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Just wanted to brag.... I've been taking voice lessons since January and I've been putting a lot of work into it. It's amazing how motivated you can be when you want something (and pay a lot of money for it). My voice coach isn't cheap but she's worth every penny.

We've got our second gig this Saturday, first as a full 3-piece since we found a drummer. I've been pretty nervous about it but tonight after working through our set on my own for a while I'm finally starting to feel confident and excited. I'm starting to be able to work out melodies and self-correct on my own which is an awesome feeling, just a few weeks ago I felt completely reliant on my voice coach for that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got my patch bay 100% hooked up now and whewwww, this is so much better for what I needed to do. Way faster to swap things around.

Wish I would have bought one a few years ago now

hot-damn-captain-raymond-holt.gif

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I ordered two VFE Alpha Dog pedals to replace the three I had to sell when I moved and was out of work. They'll apparently be here Friday according to USPS. Let's hope that is the case, because I get off an hour and 15 minutes early on Friday.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Is it a print? I'd assume that actual paint would negate some of the function of the panel, since it would reflect instead of absorb.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Is it a print? I'd assume that actual paint would negate some of the function of the panel, since it would reflect instead of absorb.
Yep it's a print; I couldnt decide between a regular paint and the sound proof print, so I opted for the latter since it was cheaper and more functional.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
After being a fan for over fifteen years, I finally got to see Queens of the Stone Age live last night. The whole band absolutely killed it!

It was also the first concert that I've attended since before the 2020 COVID pandemic lockdown era. So, seeing QOTSA live was definitely a cool way to ring in my return to seeing live music shows again.

sleewell

Reaction score
played a super rowdy show last night in Detroit that was tons of fun. got home really late, up early for work this morning very sore. just got asked to play a show at this local co op that we love so i guess were playing again tonight haha. and i have to work in the morning too which is going to be blast lol. the last time we played this co op though it was insane, its near campus so it always goes off, def going to be worth it.

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
played a super rowdy show last night in Detroit that was tons of fun. got home super late, up early for work this morning very sore. just got asked to play a show at this local co op that we love so i guess were playing again tonight haha. and i have to work in the morning too which is going to be blast lol. the last time we played this co op though it was insane, its near campus so it always goes off, def going to be worth it.
Good stuff happening here in the performance arena too. Always glad to hear about y'all's gigs, someone has to carry the torch as we all march into middle age!

sleewell

Reaction score
Good stuff happening here in the performance arena too. Always glad to hear about y'all's gigs, someone has to carry the torch as we all march into middle age!

lol im turning 42 in a month but my bandmates are in their 20s so im just trying to keep up with them. if the music wasn't this fun i wouldn't be doing it. i told them ill be monitoring them when they are my age and giving them shit if they arent going this hard.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I said it in the recent concerts thread but IDGAF-

I SCORED TICKETS TO SEE GILMOUR BOTH NIGHTS AT MADISON SQUARE!!!!!!!!

I didn’t have high hopes (ha!) of getting tickets to even one show, but we manage to get pretty damn good seats for both Mon/Tues shows.

There is none higher than Gilmour for me, I figured the chances of him touring again were slim, so I’ll take whatever I can get and this ain’t bad!!!!

JP2C is going to be on hold for a while as those tickets cleared out my fun money fund.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Asked my boss yesterday if I could take a day off today since the weather is so nice. Got the day off and I'm happy I didn't waste the whole day being hungover. Woke up before 10am and went cycling right away. Later I'm gonna cook something and watch some hockey and go to sauna. And drink some beer. :leon:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Asked my boss yesterday if I could take a day off today since the weather is so nice. Got the day off and I'm happy I didn't waste the whole day being hungover. Woke up before 10am and went cycling right away. Later I'm gonna cook something and watch some hockey and go to sauna. And drink some beer. :leon:

Are Saturday and Wednesday's typical Sauna days a thing? They were where I grew up but that wasn't Finland. Wood fired stoves with the correct rocks were the usual, once in a while someone had 50 amps wired into a coil with rocks around it but that was fancy Sauna for the modern types.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Are Saturday and Wednesday's typical Sauna days a thing? They were where I grew up but that wasn't Finland. Wood fired stoves with the correct rocks were the usual, once in a while someone had 50 amps wired into a coil with rocks around it but that was fancy Sauna for the modern types.

Yeah, at least when I was growing up my family always went to sauna on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Also on Christmas it's a thing to go to sauna before the dinner.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I love waking up early on weekends and days off. If I was up late the night before at a party or social event and need to sleep in that's ones thing, but I feel a thousand times more productive when I don't stay up late for the same of it and sleep in on my days off. Feels like a much better use of my personal time, especially when I have projects to do around the house (which is always, there are never not any projects to do around the house).

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score

I guess it depends on the family. I grew up in Sweden so we didn't have a sauna and when we moved back we didn't have any set days when we'd go to the sauna, so now that I have my own family we just do it randomly whenever I can be bothered heating it. Some of my friends have specific sauna days, once or twice a week. Oh and if you live in an apartment building, you have to reserve a time from the shared sauna and then you go at the same time every week.
I heated it today though, wife's away for the weekend and it's an easy thing to burn time with the kids.

Latest posts