Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
I just lost a game of monopoly and 3 games of chess, the third of which just might've been the short game of chess I've ever played. Only after I was severely beaten I was told the guy I played against used to be pretty high ranked.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Been getting fed up with stuff at my apartment over the past week.

Dumped my dinner on the floor the other night. I have literally no counters so I have to balance everything on the sink and stove when preparing food. Was promised counters would be installed when I moved in, but then the building was sold a month later and of course the new management isn't going to do it.

Had a bunch of food go bad because my fridge barely gets below room temperature. The oven barely works either.

Today I go down to the basement to do my laundry and find that the lock has been changed. No notice, no new key given to me...

I pay as much as the average mortgage to live here, this is pathetic.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I'm in Oak Park, which I knew going in would be overpriced. I work here as well though, and am right on the blue line so I love the location. Just wish my money went a tiny bit further.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Been getting fed up with stuff at my apartment over the past week.

Dumped my dinner on the floor the other night. I have literally no counters so I have to balance everything on the sink and stove when preparing food. Was promised counters would be installed when I moved in, but then the building was sold a month later and of course the new management isn't going to do it.

Had a bunch of food go bad because my fridge barely gets below room temperature. The oven barely works either.

Today I go down to the basement to do my laundry and find that the lock has been changed. No notice, no new key given to me...

I pay as much as the average mortgage to live here, this is pathetic.
Are those reasons enough to get out of the lease (if there is one)? That sounds like some serious bullsh*t, man.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^You know, I don't know. I was wondering this at the time of the building's sale and I'm still not sure what constitutes the terms of a lease. New management is bound to abide by the terms of the lease I signed, but the installation of counter top for instance, was noted in the move-in conditions checklist. Is that "the lease"? It isn't literally in the actual lease agreement document.

I just needed to vent anyways. I'll take non-communicative management over nosy management, or bugs...

flint757

Reaction score
Well you could attempt to break the lease over these issues and if they threaten to keep money from you or force you to keep your lease tell them you'll just take them to small claims court. Then just see what they say following that. You'd definitely win and you don't need a lawyer to go to small claims court, so it won't break your bank to do so...

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
I didn't go to one of my Tuesday-Thursday classes last Thursday - for a legit reason, I was setting up an internship for next semester with one of my advisors - it's the first time I've skipped the class, and last night I found out via email that my class decided to have us take our final exam this Thursday instead of next Thursday during finals week.

I'm not particularly annoyed, I had to do a lot of research to get up to speed and study for the final, but I'm pissed because it's on the same day that my final project and presentation in Reporting is due (1,500 words on my college town's music scene, nbd) but I'm just annoyed because now I have two huge things to do by Thursday in addition to some other general last-week-before-finals work.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Some .... when down at work last night and, while I'm not mad about it anymore, I am mad that management isn't going to do anything about it.

I was working and stressed because it got busy and my partner had gone home early because he was sick. So I was doing a 2 person job alone. Then, Roy (who is known for flipping the fvck out when he gets stressed) flipped at me (the third time he's done it to me) and I told him not to talk to me like that, using the same colorful language he used, of course. Not 10 seconds later he came running up on me and shoved me from behind, talking about "let's go." The manager that was there came running into the kitchen (I'm assuming Roy was so loud that he was audible in the front) and got between us immediately. Roy kept talking ...., I didn't say a word, and neither of us broke eye contact the whole time. Later, when I was (kind of) calmed down (still shaking with fury though) Roy came up to me when I was working and told me he'd wait for me to finish and clock out. Quitting time came and he was gone, so I went home.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
I just woke up to a smell of burnt garbage in my own room. They've been burning piles of them all night! I need to leave this ....ing pit of a country the soonest and take my girlfriend with me. Every other day i spend here literally kills me.

A-Branger

Reaction score
stuff that happened to me on Saturday. I work doing video and photos for weddings. I live an hour away from Brisbane and this wedding was down in sydney, I thouhg it was going to be fun.... but

Oohh such a fun fun day. What a fun adventure!...
...really?
-Yeah, travel to Sydney to film a full day wedding
....sounds ok, but not fun fun
-how about taking a late afto flight + loosing an hour due to daylight savings + get to my buddy's dad place (hes shooting another wedding too) = a late night sleep
.... Thats not fun yet
- well, how about due to being an asian wedding they have extra traditions, so now i have to be at the grooms by 6am... So i only got 4 hour sleep before a big work day
....thats not fun
- how about due to each place being an hour apart and going back and forward and things runing late and bunch of extra things, the wedding end up being a 17 hour job!!
....still not fun fun yet
- How about after a long day at 11pm now I need to follow my buddy (as i dnt know this city) to a 46 min drive south back to his place
....nop, no fun
- How about when I was just about to get there, I manage to start following a different car
.... Thats not fun
- I have no recollection to have lost sight of my buddy at any time, and the other car just happened to also be a similar shape silver car, with also two ppl on it.
.... Not fun
- how about having my phone on silent so i never heard my buddy trying to ring me when i disappear away due to me following a new car to a new place.
....getting there, but thats not fun
- How about following the new car all the way to their place. And only realising What I did when the car arrived to their home, as it was the wrong house for me.
.... well thats not fun
- How about that the guy I manage magically to follow just happens to live way way way WAY south of the city and my Bud's place.
.... Thats not fun
- How about the magical land I mystery *poof* myself into it at 12:20am, just happened to be another whole 44 mins drive back!!!!
..... Now THATS fun!!!!!
....and i still needed to wake up early "next day" to catch a flight. so I only slept like another 4-5 hours
F@&$!

and the cherry in top of the cake...... my bag didnt arrive at the airport. So I had to wait till late at night after a few angry calls to the airline to get the bag. I had my computer cable in there, lucky I was so tired I slept all day and didnt need the computer

not really mad, I kinda "enjoy it", or laugh about it. But it did was bit scary how far I went away and how easy my mind can be switch off into auto pilot when Im tired

also lucky Im getting good money out that wedding too, so all good at the end of the day

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Listening to Divided By by Structures and I'm still mad how this great album was ruined with the horrible mastering. :noplease:

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
my neighbour is playing the same blues licks over and over at an annoyingly loud volume and he thinks he's hot .....

His tone's cool though, 68 plexi and all that.

Latest posts