Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I see the Beavis and Butthead thumbnail, and instantly start reciting the scene in my head. Play it and find I'm about 98% accurate word-for-word including inflections. Not bad for an old rotting brain. I probably haven't seen that particular scene since I've been married, 24 years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I see the Beavis and Butthead thumbnail, and instantly start reciting the scene in my head. Play it and find I'm about 98% accurate word-for-word including inflections. Not bad for an old rotting brain. I probably haven't seen that particular scene since I've been married, 24 years.
My girlfriend and I watched the old stuff as well as the two new seasons on Paramount+. One of the segments during season 2 was so funny that it is probably the funniest thing they've ever done commentary wise.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
It was certainly better than what I've heard regarding the King of the Hill reboot. I love King of the Hill, but it just sounds like it'll be one episode after another berating Hank for being "out of touch" and the show will be completely unfunny. Hardest of passes.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
My wife despises Beavis and Butthead and doesn't want it played in our house. I'll sometimes sneak a peak with headphones at a clip or two though.

King of the Hill had its moments, but I can't imagine anybody thinking a reboot in the current age would work. It always sorta struck me as trying to mainstream the B&B vibe, which made it a few notches lower on my comedy gauge.

brector

Reaction score
My 6+ year old umbilical hernia just doubled in size and is now quite painful, off to the doc in about 2 hours.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
In this case I had to hunt down the problem solder joint, then find that the wire they chose to use was so small that it will break whenever I moved anything in the circuit. Other times it’s simply been a matter of figuring out how the fuck they wired something. It’s to the point that I’d rather just start over most of the time. In this case they cut the pickup leads just short enough that when I cut them again at the solder joints and resoldered them, they were too short for the pickguard holes to line up.
Fixed aforementioned issues just discover a bad volume pot!! Fuck yeah 😠

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Someone said they liked the new IF album in another thread so I started scrolling through IF's recent discography on Spotify. And came across this abomination:

how fucking dare they. Fire the whole band.

Yeah man, we have a whole thread on it, it sucks ass; IF could've gone out on top with SOAPF, but they fucked it up continuing to make music and went full butt rock. The new albums are boring as fuck, I don't care what people say about adding Broderick in, they're nowhere near the same band as a decade ago, let alone two.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I hope Harvey Weinstein gets gangrene in his dick and it rots off. Everything is awful.
Speaking of liars, why the fuck has Steven Seagal had 7 kids, 4 wives, 2 albums of "music," and a shit ton of films all based on lies? Seriously, does anyone buy that this clown ass knows any forms of martial arts? So much so that he was able to bluff his way into a film career?

jaxadam

Reaction score
seagal-steven-seagal.gif

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Speaking of liars, why the fuck has Steven Seagal had 7 kids, 4 wives, 2 albums of "music," and a shit ton of films all based on lies? Seriously, does anyone buy that this clown ass knows any forms of martial arts? So much so that he was able to bluff his way into a film career?
He does technically know Aikido (which is basically a fucking joke in the martial arts scene due to the lack of actual resistive training/pressure testing). Some of the moves are very legit but not the way they generally teach them. Most other martial arts systems with joint locks utilize them along with grappling (e.g. jiujitsu/judo), rather than passively hoping someone will feed you a telegraphed straight punch.

That being said, Seagal is a narcissistic twatwaffle. One of my favorite stories is how he tried to claim he was immune to being choked. Gene Lebell (a famous stuntman/catch wrestler/national champ in judo) talked him into letting him test that theory. Gene put him in a rear naked choke, choked him unconscious, and made Seagal shit himself.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Circling back on this -

I’m 2 weeks out from my final meeting with leadership but all signs are pointing to me being able to keep my job. Not out of the woods yet, but I’ve busted my ass the last 6 weeks and the results are definitely there.

I’ll circle back in two weeks once I know for sure.

I just wrapped up my final meeting with HR. I’m safe!!! The weight that just left my shoulders is immense and I’m sooooo fucking happy.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
He does technically know Aikido (which is basically a fucking joke in the martial arts scene due to the lack of actual resistive training/pressure testing). Some of the moves are very legit but not the way they generally teach them. Most other martial arts systems with joint locks utilize them along with grappling (e.g. jiujitsu/judo), rather than passively hoping someone will feed you a telegraphed straight punch.

That being said, Seagal is a narcissistic twatwaffle. One of my favorite stories is how he tried to claim he was immune to being choked. Gene Lebell (a famous stuntman/catch wrestler/national champ in judo) talked him into letting him test that theory. Gene put him in a rear naked choke, choked him unconscious, and made Seagal shit himself.
He doesn't just claim to know Aikido. He also, supposedly, knows Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shito Ryu, Judo, and Karate. Judging from the fact he lied about his place of birth (he is not from Brooklyn, and is likely stealing that from the guy who has a group of people that are used to defend businesses or whatever on New York), it's pretty safe to say that the "ex CIA operative jiu-jitsu, Aikido master" is full of it.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I watched Seagull movies back when he debuted and can't remember him doing anything much outside of some limited arm flailing. Been a long long time since I've seen one if his movies though.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I watched Seagull movies back when he debuted and can't remember him doing anything much outside of some limited arm flailing. Been a long long time since I've seen one if his movies though.
It amazes me he ever was a "thing," no matter how short of a time it was, because he seems pretty uninterested in his demeanor to even be there.