Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I caught the neighbor cat cornering my cat between the garage and the fence. Looks like I'll be investing in a super soaker this summer (they still make those right?)

Roommate suggested filling it with piss :lol:
Please do not use any sort of spice or pepper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Super Soakers are the best cat trainers. We have a little escape artist that used to get blasted with the Super Soaker when he'd try to escape the yard. Now? All you gotta do is pull out the soaker and pump it once. Dude's running for the door for all he's worth. I haven't actually hit him with it in almost sixteen years. That's a long-term imprinted memory maker, right there.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I'm not sure what about this is anger-inducing.
The god damned tennis shoes for a start. With pink socks!

Or the chalk board over the back counter. Probably filled with bullshit things like, "Kale cupcakes" or "spinach and artichoke heart muffins" or some other gross non-food.

Or that smug look on the mouse's face. It's like every prick sitting with a laptop open in any coffee shop when they're obviously not actually typing on it. It's a look that says, "Ask me about my screenplay," while also saying, "I'm fucking awesome, just ask me."

Oh, man. It's so evocative that someone HAD to do it on purpose.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm not sure what about this is anger-inducing.
It's purely opinion but I think it's dumb taking the "lofi beats to study to" concept (which I think is slightly lame as is) and applying it to other things.

Ultimately, it's just a trend I don't like. Not the end of the world but it angers up the blood lol

Edit to add: I'm in the camp of thinking adults that are way into Disney and Harry Potter is abnormal.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Isn't that just.... Disney?

I guess I'm not invested enough in Disney or the weird lo-fi trope thingie to get it.

Certainly folks get way too into some things, but better Disney than something destructive or creepy.
To me, it's not the fact that it's Disney. It could have been any pop culture/cartoon character and I would feel the same.

Like I said, it's purely my opinion that it's a trend I think is stupid, especially with a copycat like this.

Plus, as @nightflameauto pointed out, what a smug asshole! Pink socks with tennis shoes? Get real.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Z7HeRxU.jpg

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Isn't that just.... Disney?

I guess I'm not invested enough in Disney or the weird lo-fi trope thingie to get it.

Certainly folks get way too into some things, but better Disney than something destructive or creepy.
Disney is destructive and creepy. I mean, you wanna talk about creepy. How about a bipedal mouse with no pants that's supposed to appeal to children with a high and squeaky voice that sounds vaguely like that clown that hung around the library claiming to be doing some form of clown internship to "learn how to entertain the yung uns."

As for destructive? I'd look at their imprint on our entire entertainment industry, and its slow creep into the news industry, which is getting more and more wild, speculative, and foundationally entertainment first, real news and facts second, third, or non-existent. Let's blame Disney. I mean, for fuck sake, they sprouted both Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

(Looks at old man yells at cloud pic. Nods sagely.)

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
there are lots of good comments on Death Grips videos but this reminds me of one of my favorites: "actual lofi actual hip-hop"

sleewell

Reaction score
some idiot in our state decided it was a good idea to start construction projects on literally every road in this town at the same time. the overpass by my house where i get on the freeway is under construction. i cant take my normal route because the exit to change freeways is closed. i started going a different, longer way and now that is under construction too. so now i have to take stop and go surface streets the entire way and there are 2 or 3 projects going along that route too. these arent minor projects either, one of them is a 2+ year timeline. its a huge mess. really really bad planning.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
some idiot in our state decided it was a good idea to start construction projects on literally every road in this town at the same time. the overpass by my house where i get on the freeway is under construction. i cant take my normal route because the exit to change freeways is closed. i started going a different, longer way and now that is under construction too. so now i have to take stop and go surface streets the entire way and there are 2 or 3 projects going along that route too. these arent minor projects either, one of them is a 2+ year timeline. its a huge mess. really really bad planning.
Maybe Michigan will finally fix that freeway as Indiana goes into Michigan that I nicknamed "Interstate Lurch n Burp." Even if you don't get car sick, this will at least make you semi nauseated. It's fine and dandy on the Indiana side, but once you hit Michigan, that freeway is a mess.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Did you go to Montreal? lol it's like that there every..single...summer