Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
we have the worst roads in the country, i have been to nearly every state - its not close. our politicians stole from our road fund for years and the winters are terrible on them but Minnesota and Wisconsin have great roads that shouldn't be an excuse. so now the freeway overpasses are all about fail.

i live just on the south side of the freeway that wraps around the outside of the city. there really arent many other options to get north up into the city, they have them all closed at the same time. now they closed the freeway that runs up the middle of town going south and north. thats going to be 2-3 years probably more since they never finish anything on time. the freeway that goes in the middle of town east to west they just closed the exit to the main north south one so effectively if you live in the south west part of town you are totally fucked. the main road connecting east lansing to lansing that goes to the capital is closed too.

its like they have 20 years of projects previous administrations never did and started them all at the same time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
lol you been to MI?? your roads are way better.
@MaxOfMetal you don't need a sign to tell you that you are now entering Michigan from Indiana. Just look at the road. I thought parts of Washington were bad, but Michigan takes the cake, shits in it, and throws it at people like a crazed lunatic.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol you been to MI?? your roads are way better.

A few times, but just driving through. The roads are definitely terrible, but I don't think I'd ever call WI roads "great" unless you're in certain parts of Milwaukee (south of North Ave, East Side, B-Field, etc.). :lol:

Now the Southwest, where it doesn't get too cold or rainy, those are some great roads.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Never buy a Savage rifle if you want to avoid reasons to post in this thread. I just dug two of mine out, both of which are rimfires and were gifts, to be reminded pretty much instantly that I'm better off using a fucking slingshot. Both have the same issues that Savage hasn't fixed in 17 years of selling these models. If they weren't gifts I'd have Babe Ruth'd them around a tree trunk long ago. Garbage.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal you don't need a sign to tell you that you are now entering Michigan from Indiana. Just look at the road. I thought parts of Washington were bad, but Michigan takes the cake, shits in it, and throws it at people like a crazed lunatic.
In Minnesota, that's how you know you're in Mille Lacs county. The roads are fine going in, but once you're in... 😂

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Never buy a Savage rifle if you want to avoid reasons to post in this thread. I just dug two of mine out, both of which are rimfires and were gifts, to be reminded pretty much instantly that I'm better off using a fucking slingshot. Both have the same issues that Savage hasn't fixed in 17 years of selling these models. If they weren't gifts I'd have Babe Ruth'd them around a tree trunk long ago. Garbage.
What's the issue with them?

nightflameauto

Reaction score
some idiot in our state decided it was a good idea to start construction projects on literally every road in this town at the same time. the overpass by my house where i get on the freeway is under construction. i cant take my normal route because the exit to change freeways is closed. i started going a different, longer way and now that is under construction too. so now i have to take stop and go surface streets the entire way and there are 2 or 3 projects going along that route too. these arent minor projects either, one of them is a 2+ year timeline. its a huge mess. really really bad planning.
One of my step-sibling's kids once slipped up perfectly in the spring when she was little. She saw the construction signs and said, "Oh, it's time to start road destruction season."

Yup. Nailed it. This city literally will tear up every route going the same direction through town at the same time. So what could be a straight shot during winter, ends up taking you all the way around the city on detour routes because every north-south or every east-west road is completely fucked at either end, or in the middle, or all the way through. It's literally like the second the thaw hits, they decide to close half the city streets just for the hell of it, and another quarter get junked up with so much equipment sitting and waiting to be used you can barely make it around them.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
What's the issue with them?
Failure to feed, failure to eject, magazines spontaneously evacuate out the ejection port or spin tip up and jam the breech if a full mag is loaded with the bolt open, magazines literally just fall apart from a 5" drop onto grass, all issues present in both the 17HMR and 22LR models but one has a bonus cross threaded scope rail screw. Warranty work is an absolute labyrinth of dolphin hoops requiring registration through email, an email I haven't gotten after asking to be sent one three times and then giving up. This morning was probably the 30th time I've had to rebuild the mags with a hammer and vice grips, but the first unsuccessful time. This resulted in an unplanned, but wholly satisfying and highly kinetic, total disassembly procedure of the magazine and the ordering of a new Ruger in the same caliber.

One of these rifles I got over 17 years ago. I told Savage about the issues at the time. The other model is maybe three years old (as is my buddy's identical rifle) and all three have identical issues. It's not a QC problem, it's baked into them and has been for going on decades at least.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Failure to feed, failure to eject, magazines spontaneously evacuate out the ejection port or spin tip up and jam the breech if a full mag is loaded with the bolt open, magazines literally just fall apart from a 5" drop onto grass, all issues present in both the 17HMR and 22LR models but one has a bonus cross threaded scope rail screw. Warranty work is an absolute labyrinth of dolphin hoops requiring registration through email, an email I haven't gotten after asking to be sent one three times and then giving up. This morning was probably the 30th time I've had to rebuild the mags with a hammer and vice grips, but the first unsuccessful time. This resulted in an unplanned, but wholly satisfying and highly kinetic, total disassembly procedure of the magazine and the ordering of a new Ruger in the same caliber.

One of these rifles I got over 17 years ago. I told Savage about the issues at the time. The other model is maybe three years old (as is my buddy's identical rifle) and all three have identical issues. It's not a QC problem, it's baked into them and has been for going on decades at least.
Damn that sucks! Especially if they were gifts and it sounds like they need to get wrapped around a tree lol

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Kid over the fence has acquired not one, but two streetbikes and has decided the best thing to do is rev them over and over and not ride them. Typically after that, he gets into his diesel truck with 12" diameter exhaust tip, cranks up the autotune du jour on the system, and floors the straight pipes.

I'm probably just jealous I'm not in my 20s anymore.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
during my cross country move out west, we drove through the entirety of Kansas, which included a single toll we had to pay. That highway felt smooth as fucking butter, as if it had been freshly sealed the day before we got there. Just hours of pure bliss driving through that (boring ass) state.

Then once we crossed into Colorado, i thought my fillings were going to be vibrated out of my teeth. What the fuck are they spending the billions of dollars of weed money on, if not infrastructure? wtf

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Kid over the fence has acquired not one, but two streetbikes and has decided the best thing to do is rev them over and over and not ride them. Typically after that, he gets into his diesel truck with 12" diameter exhaust tip, cranks up the autotune du jour on the system, and floors the straight pipes.

I'm probably just jealous I'm not in my 20s anymore.
Even in my 20s, I found that shit annoying. I lived in an area where it was not uncommon for people to play godawful music out of their car as loud as possible for hours. They'd do this all spring and summer.

Fuck them and anyone who thinks like them.

Pricks.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Even in my 20s, I found that shit annoying. I lived in an area where it was not uncommon for people to play godawful music out of their car as loud as possible for hours. They'd do this all spring and summer.

Fuck them and anyone who thinks like them.

Pricks.

Yeah when it's my kind of music, I don't mind it. Dude across the other street came home last night late blaring Black Diamond by Kiss and I was kinda hyped about it lol