Will Fluence modern work with EMG?

IcedCallum

Reaction score
I've been trying to find an alternative passive p'up as I've been wanting to move away from Fluence Moderns in a custom built guitae by Waghorn. I've been using for years fluence moderns for years now.

After testing maybe a billion different pickups I have decided that "if it ain't broke" as nothing sounds as good and is as comfortable to play as the moderns for me.

So... I'm going to stick with them, but... I am getting a HSS 7 string, and fluence don't do 7 string single coils.

I'm thinking of getting the EMG SA7 as I quite liked those, but thought I'd ask if:

A) the fluence wiring and power system will work with the EMGs, powering it etc

B) I have no idea on the resistances or outputs of either, so will they work well as a HSS set?

Be grateful for any thoughts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asopala

Reaction score
Looking at the wiring, I don't immediately see any issues, considering they all use 9v. The only thing is I think Fluences draw more power (which translates to the battery going dead faster), but I'm not sure if that would really affect the EMG side of things. They all use 25k pots.

IcedCallum

Reaction score
Looking at the wiring, I don't immediately see any issues, considering they all use 9v. The only thing is I think Fluences draw more power (which translates to the battery going dead faster), but I'm not sure if that would really affect the EMG side of things. They all use 25k pots.

I've got a fluence universal power pack, so the power won't be a problem. Thanks for your help, I think I'm probably over-thinking it as well which isn't helping xD

angl2k

Reaction score
Only real difference is that they use a different cap for the tone control.

.22uf for Fishman and EMG uses 0.1uf

It's up to you if you can hear the difference though.

IcedCallum

Reaction score
Only real difference is that they use a different cap for the tone control.

.22uf for Fishman and EMG uses 0.1uf

It's up to you if you can hear the difference though.

I very much doubt I'd notice, especially since the tone control is barely used haha

Thank you