Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
DID YOU WANT SONGS WITH SOME OF THE INSTRUMENTS TAKEN OUT? WELL STRAP THE FUCK IN BECAUSE IN OUR WORLD CLASS STUDIO WE CAN DO THAT FOR YOU! WHOAAAAAAA!

Fifty euros. Now. Pay up or address your striking lack of self respect. It's really worth more than that, even though you probably have the previous tracks from fourteen fucking years ago and donated who knows how much just to have the chance of paying anything at all for more, subjectively objectively. Don't download those free apps which do it for you. Everyone should be thanking me for the fan service.

- Jari, probably

mehegama

Reaction score
Unless he sells the package for 10 EUR max, he is in for a nasty surprise.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
DID YOU WANT SONGS WITH SOME OF THE INSTRUMENTS TAKEN OUT? WELL STRAP THE FUCK IN BECAUSE IN OUR WORLD CLASS STUDIO WE CAN DO THAT FOR YOU! WHOAAAAAAA!

Fifty euros. Now. Pay up or address your striking lack of self respect. It's really worth more than that, even though you probably have the previous tracks from fourteen fucking years ago and donated who knows how much just to have the chance of paying anything at all for more, subjectively objectively. Don't download those free apps which do it for you. Everyone should be thanking me for the fan service.

- Jari, probably
Lots of bands giving full stems for a lot less than that. Does he have fanbois that dedicated at this point?

Form the circle everybody. We're about to summon Metropolis.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
NFTs are worthless and passed their prime

So yeah I agree it's definitely gonna happen.

And then Time III is gonna be 100% AI generated. Eat your heart out Unleash the Archers

Just you wait. Like I said on youtube a while back; "Time is a metatextual experience based purely on time itself passing by. That's the album."

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw Wintersun live on the tour they did with Arsis many years ago when Jari was still playing guitar live. It was great and I admit I lost respect for him when he shitcanned that to be Mr. Frontman Guy only. Was he really doing unboxing videos of custom guitars he's never gonna play outside of his living room? I guess you gotta show the people what they paid for, right? ✅🤡

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw Wintersun live on the tour they did with Arsis many years ago when Jari was still playing guitar live. It was great and I admit I lost respect for him when he shitcanned that to be Mr. Frontman Guy only. Was he really doing unboxing videos of custom guitars he's never gonna play outside of his living room? I guess you gotta show the people what they paid for, right? ✅🤡
He was just being transparent about where the money went :banana:

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Apparently he did that as he had to have part of his lung removed due to getting TB during Finland's mandatory military service, making singing live a draining experience over the years. Makes sense, but I always feel like bands with an instrumentalist frontman hit different, maybe because I used to be one myself. All my favourite bands have this also.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
After indigegogo's fees and taxes you can make a guess how much Nuclear Blast then took for the campaign. Since they are still on Nuclear Blast they are going to need to make the same amount again this time.

Unless he sells the package for 10 EUR max, he is in for a nasty surprise.

Even then that might not be enough. Music sales have dropped considerably since 2017 and streaming has only increased. With all the recent shenanigans, no live shows and 1/2 a track of music since then I can't see it being successful in any way. Metal media will run articles on it all week though so that's a big boost for getting eyes on it.

Dayn

Reaction score
I'm not going to bother reposting from the Facebook post, but the album will be released 30 August with 'pre-orders' opening in March.

All the announcements and hype, and... wait half a year. What a non-event. If I'm lucky, I'll remember it releases six months from now.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently he did that as he had to have part of his lung removed due to getting TB during Finland's mandatory military service, making singing live a draining experience over the years. Makes sense, but I always feel like bands with an instrumentalist frontman hit different, maybe because I used to be one myself. All my favourite bands have this also.

Huh. I didn't know that. If that's the case, I can absolutely respect that.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother reposting from the Facebook post, but the album will be released 30 August with 'pre-orders' opening in March.

All the announcements and hype, and... wait half a year. What a non-event. If I'm lucky, I'll remember it releases six months from now.

That's a pretty typical release window though. Other bands just don't usually hype up the actual announcement like this and might immediately release a single + a couple more as "reminders" before the full album drops.

Agreed on the "hit different" part. But if he had to choose to do one or the other, it definitely makes sense that he picked the vocals, as his guitar playing can be replicated pretty easily but the voice not so much... Take Ensiferum for example, Jari used to be the sole vocalist of the band and now they have 4 different people to cover the same range :lol:

Last edited:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Honestly a ton of performance art marketing is pure cheese if you're not tuned in to whatever bandwidth the performance material is on. Metal is by far one of the worst in such regard. Most metal show posters look like an invite to a backyard wrestling cookout for dysgenic virgins. I'm gonna stop there.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Holy shit. I mean, metal is always cringe city when it takes itself seriously, and I can say that since I've been immersed in it since the 80s, but this is next fucking level.
Honestly a ton of performance art marketing is pure cheese if you're not tuned in to whatever bandwidth the performance material is on. Metal is by far one of the worst in such regard. Most metal show posters look like an invite to a backyard wrestling cookout for dysgenic virgins. I'm gonna stop there.
No, please go on. Most of us know it and revel in it.

When I was sixteen, I used to think "jokey" metal was offensive as shit. Now? I think metal that tries desperately to be serious and deep is hysterically silly. Even sillier than the joke bands that used to piss me off as an angry teenager. Lighten up, Francis. We're all parodies of parodies at this point.