Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asopala

Reaction score
I can't believe he put a fucking Evertune on it haha The bridge alone is probably worth more than the guitar was from new!
FWIW, Evertune sells a BUNCH of entry-level guitars they modded with one of their own bridges. The cheapest they have right now is a bunch of
Ibanez RG421 guitars, but with a $600 markup for the bridge and labor. Which is strange, considering if you get them to order any brand new guitar off the shelf, they'll install an Evertune on it for just the cost of the bridge, which is around $300. Meaning it would be $300 cheaper to have them buy an RG421 for you, install the bridge, and send it your way (shipping notwithstanding) instead of buying it already finished from them directly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
FWIW, Evertune sells a BUNCH of entry-level guitars they modded with one of their own bridges. The cheapest they have right now is a bunch of
Ibanez RG421 guitars, but with a $600 markup for the bridge and labor. Which is strange, considering if you get them to order any brand new guitar off the shelf, they'll install an Evertune on it for just the cost of the bridge, which is around $300. Meaning it would be $300 cheaper to have them buy an RG421 for you, install the bridge, and send it your way (shipping notwithstanding) instead of buying it already finished from them directly.
Honestly the only thing that's stopped me getting my guitars progressively Evertuned (apart from the fact that I barely play anymore) is that there's one place I know of in the UK that is an "official" installer and it's not near to me at all. I'd have to package the guitar up and pay for shipping to/from (with no courier in the UK offering damage insurance for guitars) and pay £400-500 for bridge/installation.

asopala

Reaction score
Honestly the only thing that's stopped me getting my guitars progressively Evertuned (apart from the fact that I barely play anymore) is that there's one place I know of in the UK that is an "official" installer and it's not near to me at all. I'd have to package the guitar up and pay for shipping to/from (with no courier in the UK offering damage insurance for guitars) and pay £400-500 for bridge/installation.
To be fair, I have to do the same thing in the United States, but that's more because Evertune itself is significantly cheaper than the other installers in my area.

If we're going to talk about people who take forever to actually bring any new things to fruition and don't communicate very well as far as updates, I think Evertune as a company might rival Wintersun. They announced the bass bridge and showed it off a year ago and still haven't announced when we can get one. The only other timeline they gave us was that the guitar update based off of the bass bridge will come out a year after the bass bridge is released.

Obvious difference being they still do installs for Evertune bridges with the current version. But I really want my bass to have one along with some of my multi-scale guitars. The new version they've been announcing but not releasing operate as single saddles, allowing that to be possible. Beyond that, it's just Aristides modifying the baseplate to make their own multi-scale Evertune.

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
@asopala You know I'd forgotten about the "new" bridge they showed that was supposed to replace the guitar version we all know. I think the current F model actually looks decent, speaking purely aesthetically I think the bass bridge in guitar form would be much less attractive.

asopala

Reaction score
@asopala You know I'd forgotten about the "new" bridge they showed that was supposed to replace the guitar version we all know. I think the current F model actually looks decent, speaking purely aesthetically I think the bass bridge in guitar form would be much less attractive.
At the same time, from what they said it's less invasive (and less expensive) to install, and you can do multiscale because they're individual saddles.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
The fact that this thread is quiet is kind of a sign of silent acceptance/redemption for Jari :D

I never believed I'd do this, but I actually preordered the Time Package today. Weird times!

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
The fact that this thread is quiet is kind of a sign of silent acceptance/redemption for Jari :D

I never believed I'd do this, but I actually preordered the Time Package today. Weird times!

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm just not that interested in what he's shown so far. None of it is bad and if it were 2006 or so I'd be pretty stoked to hear most of this stuff, but by now most of the stuff just isn't what I'm into now. This guy was king of the world like 20 years ago. Gotta strike while the iron is hot. Obviously there's still a big fan base for his music considering the crowd funding, but for every fan that threw money at him I'm sure he lost one also.

asopala

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say THAT, but the fact he's releasing as much as he has is nice. The underlying issues with communication and perfectionism are still ringing true unless he actually tackles those.

Honestly, I'm glad we're finally getting SOMETHING, but unless he's also working a full-time job or something, I have no idea how he could spend THAT long on Time II, considering some of the recorded tracks are from 18 years ago. I mean, I do know, it's cause he was working on albums in parallel (which I can't say I recommend for one artist's work) and refused to outsource any mixing/mastering/orchestration work to get things done quicker, but the point still stands.

KailM

Reaction score
Watching one of Jari’s interviews a few weeks back, it DOES seem like he was being honest about where all the funds from the last escapade went. He does seem to have a pathological need to control EVERY aspect of his music — but it is what it is.

It does seem as though it indeed did take him a very long time to get the sound he was looking for, and when he did, he finished Time 2 finally. Based on the clips I’ve heard, it does sound very good, and I think anyone who argues it doesn’t is deluding themselves.

I do think 50 euros is a great deal for what he is offering. For me, all I really want is Time 2, and though the remix and masters of the previous two sound great, ultimately they’re the same albums I know well, and I’ll just settle for the originals.

asopala

Reaction score
I remember when the HQ was needed to make albums. Now the albums are needed to make the HQ. Whooda thunk.
Meanwhile, how many records with similar levels of orchestration has Jacob Collier made out of his bedroom at this point? I know he doesn't so much anymore because he got more money, but the point still stands.

mehegama

Reaction score
Meanwhile, how many records with similar levels of orchestration has Jacob Collier made out of his bedroom at this point? I know he doesn't so much anymore because he got more money, but the point still stands.
I think it s futile to try to make sense of Jari’s excuses. It s clear, he wants a source of income, so he doesn’t need to work