Wiring for HS guitar

• Thread starter secretpizza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

secretpizza

Reaction score
Hey, I have a Humbucker/Single guitar with a 3-way toggle, and it’s currently set up to bridge/full bridge and neck single/neck single. I’d like to rewire so the middle position is the inner bridge coil and the neck coil. Does anyone have a schematic for that wiring? I can’t find anything online.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
does the bridge pickup split?

secretpizza

Reaction score
It’s a Bare Knuckle Ragnarok, 4-conductor, so yes it can split. The toggle is a standard 3-way Jackson toggle, I’ll have to look inside to get more details. Easy enough to buy a different toggle if needed though.

Reaction score
I can´t say what kind of switch you have just with that reference, but you'll need a switch with way more than just 3 lugs.

I'll suggest you to join the "Guitar Wring" group in facebook as a source of insight and ideas, good folks there...

Zender

Tinkering, please hold.
Reaction score
Have a look here: https://www.1728.org/guitar.htm
If you really want to understand what's going on, not just the "solder this wire here, and it's all good" take a bit of time to read up.

To get a coil to split, you need to take one of the wires from the middle coils (in normal setup, these are usually soldered together and covered by some shrink tube. Take the signal from the coil you want to tap, and send the rest to ground.
You will need a different style of switch though, as the normal 3-way is made to give neck, neck+bridge, bridge. It can't switch between two coils and one coil the way you want it to.