Woah.. Schecter 007 Hellraiser?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn that's sweet. If I didn't already know I don't get on with that body shape (my hand occasionally bangs the lower horn) that would be seriously tempting :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
The black one with binding too? that's weird. I like it better without binding, it has a sleeker look, I guess.

All black hellraisers have binding. It's just normally on the sides and not the front.

Plus, for all the passive talk, EMGs are part of the Hellraiser package. They're a big part of the appeal to me. :) I wish I had the cash for this .... literally my dream ax. I just posted a thread about how I wish Schecter would make this not too long ago.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I'd totally buy that!

...if it didn't have EMG's.

Or that gaytastic binding.

Or those shitty inlays.

Or that horrific neck profile.

Looks great beside that though! :agreed:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I'd totally buy that!

...if it didn't have EMG's.

Or that gaytastic binding.

Or those shitty inlays.

Or that horrific neck profile.

Looks great beside that though! :agreed:

The profile feels fine to me, but then again I have adult-sized hands. :taunt:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
ZING!

That looks hawt. Put some fucking Graphtech saddles on there, and bam-o! Winna.

Even has the 3 knob holes routed. 1 Vol, 1 tone, 1 piezo Vol.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
so, color me out of the Schecter loop, but what makes the 007 Hellraiser different from the C7 Hellraiser?

Damn that's sweet. If I didn't already know I don't get on with that body shape (my hand occasionally bangs the lower horn) that would be seriously tempting :agreed:

Steve, you bang my lower horn :wub:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
The body shapes are slightly different if I understand correctly. The lower horn is sort of stumpy and uber cool rather than a superstrat lower horn like on the C7. :)

Maybe.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
so, color me out of the Schecter loop, but what makes the 007 Hellraiser different from the C7 Hellraiser?

Body shape:

Schecter%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20PROTOTYPE%20Hellraiser%20007%20Black%20Cherry%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

C7
c7_hellraiser_bch.jpg

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ thanks!

No prob! :yesway:

My only complaint about my Hellraiser is the volume knob configuration. I like having two volume knobs as it's my first guitar with that feature and I like having the option. I like having the neck volume rolled down for a cleaner tone and having the bridge volume full up. I can do whole songs without switching channels that way. My only complaint is that I'd prefer to have their positions switched, so I'd have easier access to the bridge volume (If I do volume swells, etc. it's usually the bridge pickup) and so I don't accidentally bump the neck pickup volume control (which I am more likely to have preset to a low setting or rolled all the way off, and if I bump it, it messes things up when I switch pickups :lol:).

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Aaron I know what your saying.. I always reach for that first knob when I play a hellraiser.. and it is for the neck pickup :lol: I guess it makes sense I'm just not used to it..

SnowfaLL

Reaction score

Hey techno, hows your hand feel against the normal Hellraiser shape? does it bang the lower horn on that? Im torn between the two (well, a Blackjack 007 and a C7 hellraiser, cause im too broke to afford this piece of work lol)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick I thought you said you didn't really like emg's? I have prefered the feel of the blackjack over the hellraiser :2c:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Nick I thought you said you didn't really like emg's? I have prefered the feel of the blackjack over the hellraiser :2c:

Oh I dont, but the rest of the hellraiser features are pretty damn tempting, I might be able to live with EMGs (as my backup guitar) plus, finding a 007 blackjack is starting to seem rough, even new lol. But the 007 shape does appeal to me abit more, just because I plan on getting a 6 string C-1, so having two diff shapes would be cooler than two of the same, maybe.

I did find a great offer on a C7 hellraiser tho, its veryyy tempting. Maybe ill use it as a temporary guitar til I can find a used Carvin dc727 or 007 blackjack possibly.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
damn that is a temptation if ever i saw one!

jatspic5

Reaction score

I know what you mean.I had to bevel the lower horn on my C-7,almost half of the horn thickness to make it easier.I think when they made the C-7 they obviously copied the original hellraiser guitar,but didn't increase the cutaway to accomodate the wider neck.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
My name's Alan, and I'm addicted to guitars.

I just applied for a new card so I could get this, but the credit line isn't enough. I'm a sad individual, in more ways than one.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh I dont, but the rest of the hellraiser features are pretty damn tempting, I might be able to live with EMGs (as my backup guitar) plus, finding a 007 blackjack is starting to seem rough, even new lol. But the 007 shape does appeal to me abit more, just because I plan on getting a 6 string C-1, so having two diff shapes would be cooler than two of the same, maybe.

I did find a great offer on a C7 hellraiser tho, its veryyy tempting. Maybe ill use it as a temporary guitar til I can find a used Carvin dc727 or 007 blackjack possibly.

The specs are pretty much the same on the blackjack as the hellraiser.. cept for the 3way versus the 5 way :shrug: