Yay, no more LG Chocolate!

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    blackberry
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just picked up:

blackberry-pearl-white.jpg

:yesway:

FUCK the Chocolate. Seriously. Worst phone ever. :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan

fsck!
Reaction score
My sister's contemplating buying one of those. Can you please give some info, and/or your impressions about it?

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Most people don't know that LG used to be known as Goldstar. My parents had a Goldstar TV. It sucked. Big time. Run of the mill Walmart stuff.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The LG Chocolate worked really well. It's the fucking obnoxious touchscreen on it that I hated, along with the micro-keyboard, which blows ass for text messaging. The touchscreen is the worst though, the thing would decide to activate in mid-call, so while you're on the phone all you hear is "boop boop" as your ear hitting the phone cycles it through modes.

I'm just now screwing with the Blackberry, so I can't report on it yet. It sure is nifty though. :D

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Most people don't know that LG used to be known as Goldstar. My parents had a Goldstar TV. It sucked. Big time. Run of the mill Walmart stuff.
LG crap is waaaay improved though, it's like Apple computer = goldstar, Apple computer with Steve Jobs = LG

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
LG crap is waaaay improved though, it's like Apple computer = goldstar, Apple computer with Steve Jobs = LG

Dude, no fair, you edited that while I was clicking "quote" :lol: I was going to quote your original post, and when it got to this screen it said something different in my quote box :lol:

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dude, no fair, you edited that while I was clicking "quote" :lol: I was going to quote your original post, and when it got to this screen it said something different in my quote box :lol:
ninja edit! LG is like a "parent-company" to goldstar...goldstar doesn't exist, it is LG but not LG at the same time :lol:

Ryan

Reaction score
Well, it's a step in the right direction.. The Pearl will pee on the Chocolate.
But it seems everyone I know at work that got the Pearl returned it for some reason or another. Let us know how you end up liking it.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think they were aiming for "long genitals"

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think you guys are aiming for the Simmons by fagging up my Blackberry thread. :squint:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Pearl is great. I haven't heard any complaints about it yet. I mean, it is a blackberry. You won't find a better made smartphone. :agreed:

Don't go crazy with the data usage though. I know you Yanks have way better rates than we do up North. But im sure it can still get pretty expensive.

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
I've been thinking a bout getting one of these also.

I need something that will allow me to do work and send/receive e-mails. I hate getting a phone call and having to try and find a computer with the internet. :noway:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A lot of people who use BlackBerrys tend to prefer the full QWERTY experience and can't get along with the SureType keyboard. Personally, i don't mind it too much.

The biggest problem i have with it is trying to dial into company voice mail directories. You know, the ones where you're prompted to "use the numeric keypad to dial the first four letters of the person's name"? Well, since the BlackBerry Pearl's keyboard maps differently onto the numeric keys than a T9 keyboard, you have to do weird key combinations to get the right letter. I have yet to get it to work properly.

I've talked to my brother who's an engineer at RIM and they seem pretty oblivious to "phone" stuff like this. Their heads are firmly in e-mail land, and in my opinion, they still haven't quite figured out a few details on the phone side of things yet.

That said, i quite like my Pearl, even moreso now that i'm developing themes for them.

Ryan

Reaction score
I've read from a couple places that the trackball likes to srtop working after a bit.. Or at least not being as sensitive. For the size though, it's a solid compact phone with a lot of features. I just hope you didn't get a bum one :/

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish Verizon would carry the Curve. :(

070503_curve_front.widec.jpg

I've been looking into getting a Curve recently...coincidentally I too own an LG. Recently, it's stopped doing what it's supposed to do..y'know, call people? It also has a problem where it doesn't want to text people. I have to turn it off and on again when I want to do shit which is annoying and time consuming because it takes a while to load up at first and get things going with out the menus/screen sticking.

Plus the document viewer would be useful when I'm on set so I can look over my shot lists and scripts without having to carry around a shit load of paper.:yesway:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
N95 > *

I :wub: my N95, it is verrah nice, plus does loads of cool shit, and has teh awesome camera :wub:

Never had a blackberry, but touchscreen phones get anno0ying and old real quick. I went from an all singing all dancing windows mobile cell phone to the N95, and I actually enjoy having something that is primarily a phone again. It's nice :)

Latest posts