yeah, i bought a S7G. wanna fight about it?

• Thread starter kingpinMS3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
bought it from a very trusted friend.

this is from their custom shop. the quality is through the roof on it. I haven't found a flaw yet EXCEPT for the fact that it's slightly too long for the case.

lundgren M8, 30.2" scale. it's basically an M8M, but built by S7GIMG_20190227_171446.jpg IMG_20190227_171523.jpg IMG_20190227_171819.jpg

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Looks sick dude.
I always liked the looks of the S7G stuff; shame about everything that happened with them.

That back / neck looks fantastic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
This is considered a Warhammer, right?

Always thought they were super cool with the 30.2 inch scale and blacked out look

Beautiful

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
I can say without a doubt this instrrument is on par with my lacs and my custom shop caparison.

Great guitar

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
Can we get some soundclips?I bet you that thing sounds monstrous.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Honestly, man, I have a S7G prototype that was built for an artist, and it's phenomenal. The back and neck heel are insane (same as yours pictured here).

Is this one of the custom guitars that was built for DL when he was in The Acacia Strain? Or does this just happen to be another builds by S7G (commissioned by whomever) that resembles a M8M?

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
Honestly, man, I have a S7G prototype that was built for an artist, and it's phenomenal. The back and neck heel are insane (same as yours pictured here).

Is this one of the custom guitars that was built for DL when he was in The Acacia Strain? Or does this just happen to be another builds by S7G (commissioned by whomever) that resembles a M8M?
this was built for a friend, who as far as i know is not an artist.

DickyTripleD

Reaction score
Even Ola swore that his prototype was one of the best guitars he's ever played. I'm sure they made some great instruments, but anyone who followed that story knows to try before you buy I would think.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
If you get a S7G that was built during their brief "heyday" period, before Keith Merrow blew them out of the water and there was a massive overnight exodus by players/artists in early 2013, it's an absolutely solid instrument. (Like the one I have, and the one that @kingpinMS3 got here. I wish I could find more like them. They really are/were fantastic instruments.)

After the whole quality control fiasco, Jim being a horrible asshole and ranting about customers on YouTube, along with all of the theft, S7G tanked further and the builds began severely sucking. There was just this "black hole" period where S7G couldn't build a guitar right and properly. Period.

Here we are some years later, and the company has attempted to swing back, finally becoming "decent" in quality again because they have shifted production over to Japan. Everything is being built there now, and S7G is focusing on the Japanese market because Jim seems to have learned that he straight-up nuked every possible bridge that he had here in the USA and over in Europe. No one here in the West wants to associate with, or even touch, any S7G guitars, it seems, which is why used ones sit on second-hand sites (like Reverb) forever, even with immense price drops that guarantee a loss for the seller/owner. But the S7Gs of today (or, really any S7G built post-2012) just can't hold a candle to the guitars from that brief "heyday" period. Not even comparable.

Last edited:

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
If you get a S7G that was built during their brief "heyday" period, before Keith Merrow blew them out of the water and there was a massive overnight exodus by players/artists in early 2013, it's an absolutely solid instrument. (Like the one I have, and the one that @kingpinMS3 got here. I wish I could find more like them. They really are/were fantastic instruments.)

After the whole quality control fiasco, Jim being a horrible asshole and ranting about customers on YouTube, along with all of the theft, S7G tanked further and the builds began severely sucking. There was just this "black hole" period where S7G couldn't build a guitar right and properly. Period.

Here we are some years later, and the company has attempted to swing back, finally becoming "decent" in quality again because they have shifted production over to Japan. Everything is being built there now, and S7G is focusing on the Japanese market because Jim seems to have learned that he straight-up nuked every possible bridge that he had here in the USA and over in Europe. No one here in the West wants to associate with, or even touch, any S7G guitars, it seems, which is why used ones sit on second-hand sites (like Reverb) forever, even with immense price drops that guarantee a loss for the seller/owner. But the S7Gs of today (or, really any S7G built post-2012) just can't hold a candle to the guitars from that brief "heyday" period. Not even comparable.
Just to be clear, this guitar was completed just a few months ago.

EarlWellington

Reaction score
I have a S7G cobra and it has so many finish flaws it's not funny. I never put a NGD up on it because it's kind of embarrassing. I got it second hand so no real recourse. As well as that the neck is a very weird shape... like a 2x4 with very slight rounding of the shoulders

Jason B

Unbanned
Reaction score
Several NAMMs ago:

Smiling Guy Hired by Jim After Fiasco: :) *holds out guitar* Check out this neck shape - It was designed by a physical therapist!

Me: Then why does it feel so bad?

Guy: :(

I get that it’s just marketing, but why pretend that the necks of the best-selling guitars since 1950 being shaped by a radio repair guy who didn’t play guitar would be inherently inferior? Like, I don’t go from a Strandberg to a Gibson and forget how to play.

Latest posts