Your Albums of 2022 (So Far)

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have not heard a lot worth mentioning. Maybe there are great albums, I just have missed them. Anyway..

Artificial Brain - Artificial Brain. I feel like declaring AB as AOTY at this point is an understatement. It's pretty much the best thing I've heard in many years along with Cattle Decapitation. New DsO was also ok, not even close to AB however..

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

Far above all in my heart

Celeste is what I put on when I want a Gojira fix after their last 2 albums.

Not to take away from the fact that they write damn good music and the tinge of blackened metal works so well over those rhythms, just that some of the rhythms do remind me of old Gojira.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Meshuggah - Immutable
Animals as Leaders - Parrhesia
Ibaraki - Rashomon

rokket2005

Reaction score
The album I've been listening to the most this year is one I missed from last year, Teenage Wrist's Earth is a Blackhole. I've been listening to it for like 2-3 months nonstop.

I had big hopes for Tears for Fears The Tipping Point and Alexisonfire's Otherness but they both spent maybe 2-3 days on my playlist before I moved on. I just head that Lacuna Coil is doing a reimagining of Comalies that's coming in October too, that might be cool.

VisionSwords

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have not heard a lot worth mentioning. Maybe there are great albums, I just have missed them. Anyway..

Artificial Brain - Artificial Brain. I feel like declaring AB as AOTY at this point is an understatement. It's pretty much the best thing I've heard in many years along with Cattle Decapitation. New DsO was also ok, not even close to AB however..
It's a good album but I can't get too excited about it when I don't like more than their first album. Most bands have better sound quality and production as they go along but theirs as stayed kind fo the same, which I find kind of odd.

Glitch Cannon and Celestial Cyst is definitely some of the best death metal I've heard in awhile though.

Reaction score
I’m still catching up on a lot of stuff that was released last year but my AOTY 2022 so far would have to be..
Haunted Horses - Thee Worst

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
This year has been kinda light for me. Immutable and Parrhesia are great fun. Tiktaalika is a masterpiece. Disappointed Haken 7 and Tesseract 5 are missing this year, but will make early next year pretty good.

Inviolate was nice, still haven't listened to Kendrick yet. The Carly Rae Jepsen singles have been disappointing. Crash was only OK.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Meshuggah-Immutable
Fit for an Autopsy-Oh What The Future Holds
The Devil Wears Prada-Color Decay

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Grivo - Omit
Mat Ball - Amplified Guitar
Cult of Luna - Long Road North

Birds in Row and Blackbraid have very promising singles that are likely AOTY material.

Blackbraid I delivered. Still waiting for that Birds in Row album drop but all four singles are fire and they're coming in hot for my top album of the year. They're touring with Cult of Luna right now and I really wish I could see that.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Alter Bridge- Pawns and Kings
I Built The Sky- The Quiet Place Away
Polyphia- Remember That You Will Die
Architects- The Classic Symptoms of a Broken Spirit
Dragged Under- Upright Animals
And probably the new Nickelback album once it's released.

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Right now this is killing it

Need to spend more time with new KENMode and Nostromo

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Listened to more music this year than I have in the past few, but revocation really sticks out. And the josh Travis ep, that’s been getting heavy rotation

davemeistro

Reaction score
Gloson - The Rift
Russian Circles - Gnosis
The Aristocrats - The Aristocrats with Primuz Chamber Orchestra
Revocation - Netherheaven
Snarky Puppy - Empire State
Psycroptic - Divine Council
Haunted Shores - Void
Dark Funeral - We Are the Apocalypse
Sylvaine - Nova
Meshuggah - Immutable
Toundra - Hex
Krisiun - Mortem Solis

Dayn

Reaction score
This makes me realise that I don't listen to new music as it comes out anymore. The only album I have is Meshuggah - Immutable. Though it also coincidentally happens to be my 'album of 2022'.

Latest posts