Your favorite 6 string neck?

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s4tch

Reaction score
How do you guys like the ibanez wizard profiles?

Original Wizard (RG550/570) is cool, thin as fuck, great for shred. But TBH I don't like the MII Wizard III necks too much, it's too flat at the back. My favorite 6-string Ibanez neck is the one on the RTs: rounder, a bit fatter, Strat-like C-shape, but still thin enough for my small hands. The best on any cheap guitar.

Jackson Soloists, old thin Professional necks suit me better, the compound radius works without adjusting your style to it. Also, the Washburn N4 with that deep neckjoint is just perfect, too bad I can't afford the guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
EBMM Petrucci (gun stock oil treated)
Luxxtone Steve Stevens proto (like an old charvel, super thin but with just the fattness to it)

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Hands down the original Ibanez Wizard. Super Wizard is great too.

redstone

Reaction score
Any neck profile feels good. Thickness and shape don't bother me. Only fret size, scale and radius can disturb my playing.

isispelican

Reaction score
I have the old yamaha pacifica model with the maple board. Seriously awesome neck!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My PRS Cu22 plays itself pretty much. Wide Thin I believe. I also love the '59 on my singlecut. PRS singlecut necks play like butter as well. Favourite? Not sure! The neck is usually what sways me into or out of buying a guitar.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Jackson "Speed" neck profile, with their standard on the SL2H being a close second.

smfcbow

Reaction score
wizard and wizard II is a close second
The PRS thin necks are nice aswell

Wyvern Claw

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez Jem with an ebony fretboard and a Lo-Pro Edge, so one of the older models. Not sure what exact type of neck it has off hand, but it's actually only my second favorite. It's not drastically better than the Jem, but my best playing guitar is probably my ESP Jeff Hanneman sig. The neck actually seems just a little bit thinner than the neck on the Jem, although I haven't measured, just felt them side by side; although the neck on the Hanneman model somehow also seems to have "more to it", not exactly sure how to describe it. It just manages to seem thinner, but also more comfortable and even easier to play.

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
haven't found it yet. closest I have come is the esp extra thin flat. I thought the original wizard would be better being a little thinner (I like thin necks) but I found its rounder profile a little off putting. I feel the perfect neck for me would be the thickness of the wizard with a extremely flat (2x4 with rounded shoulders) back to it. yeah I am weird :lol:

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
always been a fan of the ESP Thin U shape

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
To date, my fav was the neck on the Gibson M-III...I loved it. It was almost like a classical neck, but really thin and fast. Was tasty. NGD coming tomorrow, so opinions may change.

TheGuitarPit

Reaction score
I really like the EB MM JP unfinished neck. Perfect shape, perfect texture. I could imagine it's a bit small for some.

I'm bummed my JPX7 has a painted neck. I'd love to trade it for the birdseye maple neck on my old JP6.

Latest posts