your favorite shred albums?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dreamspace

Reaction score
Yngwie - Rising Force and Odyssey - tie.
Michael Lee Firkins - Michael Lee Firkins
Tony Macalpine - Maximum Security (#2)
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye (#1)
Joey Tafolla - Out of The Sun
Racer X - Extreme Volume live 1 (#3)
Eric Johnson - Venus Isle
Greg Howe - Introspection
Shawn Lane - Powers of ten
Brett Garsed / T.J Helmerich - Quid Pro Quo

Lots of albums I didn't mention, but those are the albums I can sit down and listen to, and enjoy just as much as I did back when I discovered them.

Me and a friend started getting into guitar at the exact same time, and listened to pretty much the same music. He introduced new stuff to me, and I introduced new stuff to him.

One day, back in HS, he had struck up a conversation about guitar music with some older teacher. The other guy didn't play any instruments, but apparently had every Shrapnel record under the sun, and lent my buddy a collection of "essentials" for us to listen - so we got a box with original LPs, and held onto those for months! Before returning them, we ripped each and every over to tape, and wore out those tapes.

Whenever I hear those old Shrapnel records, I get hit with intense waves of nostalgia. 17 years old, playing on a piece of shit SG copy 8-10 hrs a day...my whole life revolved around guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.