Your opinion on hungarian vocals?

• Thread starter Akkush
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Akkush

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm just curious how non hungarians preceive my mother tongue, especially in metal music.
I think the song below is a good example, understandable, kinda thrash metal style

If the first doesn't work like JSanta mentioned...

What do you think? Is it the language of ork or elfs? 😅
Does it sound weird, alien, "cool" or "uncool"? Does it distract you from enjoying it?
If you want some more listen to the album, or I can suggest some more.
Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

JSanta

Reaction score
I'm Hungarian (grew up in the States), so the language unfortunately (at least in this case) does not sound at all foreign to me. A healthy dose of Omega growing up will do that!

No video isn't popping up for me, not sure if that's the case for anyone else or not.

Akkush

Reaction score
I'm Hungarian (grew up in the States), so the language unfortunately (at least in this case) does not sound at all foreign to me. A healthy dose of Omega growing up will do that!

No video isn't popping up for me, not sure if that's the case for anyone else or not.
Weird, I can see it and it starts to play. It's "Te vagy a kezdet" from Moby Dick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
It sounds like a south Eastern European language to me. Definitely not Polish, Russian, Ukraininan, there’s more of a southern thing, maybe a bit of Turkish and Greek influence. It works for the music, though.

goldenstringer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm just curious how non hungarians preceive my mother tongue, especially in metal music.
I think the song below is a good example, understandable, kinda thrash metal style

If the first doesn't work like JSanta mentioned...

What do you think? Is it the language of ork or elfs? 😅
Does it sound weird, alien, "cool" or "uncool"? Does it distract you from enjoying it?
If you want some more listen to the album, or I can suggest some more.
Thanks for your input!

Well, it can never get old imo.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Attila Csihar (Mayhem, SUNN, many other) is Hungarian and sings in a variety of languages including sanskrit. He was touring with SUNN when I saw them, his vocal style is really unique and his costuming/stage presence is terrifying.