Zelda: Twilight Princess & question about Wii

• Thread starter Herb Dorklift
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Herb Dorklift

Reaction score
1st of all, just got Twilight Princess (£30 used, just found I can get it for £20 new! Mother fucker! I'm probs gonna return it for reasons I'll say later), and I've turned into a wolf, is it mainly wolf based? Coz it's crap.

2nd of all, does the Wii save to disc, or to the console? Because this used game keeps saying "Unable to read disc" and it's pissing me off. I've been playing it for a couple of hours, and don't want to have to do it again if I get another disc...which I probably will.

Ta!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
you only turn into a wolf during the shadow world quests (or whatever those are called in english, i played the german version...). You should be able to choose when creating a new player profile if you want to save it on the console or to SD. As for your last question, it sounds like your disc is scratched i'm afraid :(

Herb Dorklift

Reaction score
No worries... I can get by, but I keep saving it all the time just in case haha.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
I'm playing through it right now. I'm just about to enter the water palace once I get back to lake Hylia.

This game doesn't really feel like a full-on Zelda game. It's good, don't get me wrong, but there's something about it I can't my finger on.

It seems they borrowed elements from other games (okami is the most obvious). And again, don't get me wrong I LOVE OKAMI. The wolf part definitely seems kind of lacking, but of course that's because I've played through Okami many many times. I must say, though, the wolf part of this game actually made it cooler. It felt/looked like a roaming Final Fantasy game until then.

The flying part feels VERY reminiscent of Panzer Dragoon (another series I love)

And what's up with the grass whistling? They coulda made it sound...better?

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Twilight Princess has cool dungeons but the overworld is kinda half-arsed. Almost every secret is just a chest with some friggin' rupees that you can't even carry and most of the items don't do anything interesting outside the dungeons. It's basically just Ocarina of Time again with a new coat of paint.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Twilight Princess = not as good as Ocarina of Time.

The wolf parts were crap, I hated those bits!

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Twilight Princess = not as good as Ocarina of Time.

Amen dude. I hate the twilight demons breaking through the prefectly square twilight world. I really don't like the resemblance to circuitry. I especially don't like the forcefields you get trapped in when fighting the pussy twilight demons. It just seems so out of place to me. It's like bringing light sabres and phasers to Lord of the Rings.

ugg im kyle

Banned
Reaction score
Every single zelda game is amazing! I had fun being a wolf! Play it all the way through before deciding on it! There are some fun ass temples in that game, and it plays for a good amount of time as well.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
I enjoyed 4 swords and Minish Cap more than this one. But I'm gonna finish this.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm playing through it right now. I'm just about to enter the water palace once I get back to lake Hylia.

This game doesn't really feel like a full-on Zelda game. It's good, don't get me wrong, but there's something about it I can't my finger on.

It seems they borrowed elements from other games (okami is the most obvious). And again, don't get me wrong I LOVE OKAMI. The wolf part definitely seems kind of lacking, but of course that's because I've played through Okami many many times. I must say, though, the wolf part of this game actually made it cooler. It felt/looked like a roaming Final Fantasy game until then.

If it borrows from Okami, chances are I may like it then. Plus I love all Zelda games (well maybe not that obscure Nintendo CD one) Don't have a Wii but may change soon depending on how hell bent my sister and I are getting Sengoku Musou 3. :scratch:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
They ported it to GameCube, although it's always been more expensive?? :shrug: The roll-around-and-upslash-the-enemy-in-the-back move that was brought over from WindWaker is hard to do on the Wiimote.

I remember reading on the GameFAQ Okami message board how people were going into a controversy how Okami was a WindWaker clone :shrug:. But now in Twilight Princess, you turn into a wolf ^_^

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I really should have spent time on Wind Waker. Only had it for a few weeks but spent more time on Kingdom Hearts 1/2. It's weird about the similarities though, I can somewhat see it.

Then again after Okami, just look at the PS3 Prince of Persia, and even Street Fighter 4.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
I loved WindWaker. Only thing I didn't like was that there was nothing but WATER...WATER...and WATER. lol.

That reminds me, I need to play both Kingdom Hearts.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Wind Waker got pushed forward so they didn't get time to add the last few dungeons, so you have to do that retarded fetch-quest at the end with all the Triforce pieces. If they had time to finish adding all the content it might well be my favourite 3D Zelda:yesway:

The reason it's on both Gamecube and Wii is that it was originally supposed to be the last big Gamecube game but they pushed it forward so it could also be a launch title for Wii. In that sense it's not a true Wii Zelda game, but they are making one that's supposed to be out Xmas this year that's sounding pretty cool so far.

Random fact: Nintendo figured Link should be right-handed in the Wii version because most people hold the Wiimote/sword in their right hand, so rather than model him again they flipped the entire game horizontally, so the Wii version is a mirror-image of the original Gamecube version.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Yeah, Wind Waker got pushed forward so they didn't get time to add the last few dungeons, so you have to do that retarded fetch-quest at the end with all the Triforce pieces. If they had time to finish adding all the content it might well be my favourite 3D Zelda:yesway:

The reason it's on both Gamecube and Wii is that it was originally supposed to be the last big Gamecube game but they pushed it forward so it could also be a launch title for Wii. In that sense it's not a true Wii Zelda game, but they are making one that's supposed to be out Xmas this year that's sounding pretty cool so far.

Random fact: Nintendo figured Link should be right-handed in the Wii version because most people hold the Wiimote/sword in their right hand, so rather than model him again they flipped the entire game horizontally, so the Wii version is a mirror-image of the original Gamecube version.

Damn Dorian, I'd lose if we entered a game trivia contest, holy shit :lol:

So GC version is also flipped? Or was it also mirrored?

whammybarofdeth

Reaction score
What he means is the Wii version is an exact mirror of the gamecube version...ie Link holds the sword with his left hand on GC verison and his right on the Wii. Or if you went left in this part on GC you go right on Wii.

I had the GC version, and wish I would've beaten it at least twice before i sold it :realmad:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Yeah, the GC version is the right way around and the Wii version is the mirror image, and yeah, I know way too much useless videogame shit:lol: