Zendrum WTF?

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
A recommended video on youtube led me to this, and I can't say I've seen anything like it:

So yes, fell for the "cute girl cover video" thumbnail. But what surprised me is that I had never heard of these things at all, nor did searching thread titles here turn up anything. I mean, it's sort of dumb-looking compared to a real kit, but opinions?

I bought a DTX kit a few years ago, then moved out of the country, and with drums there's never really been an alternative for moving around a lot, and still having something around you can feel like you're playing - besides buying another kit. I just program the sounds with my laptop's keyboard. Are there other less-dorky solutions that are a good compromise between the two extremes of use-computer-keyboard and rebuy-kit-in-every-country?

I sort of suspected that with so many guys here toying around with drum samples that something along these lines would have been talked about before. Maybe simpler midi triggers? Still, thought I'd share. There doesn't seem to be a single demo of these things doing a more heavy genre.

Anyway, thought I'd share this weird, weird thing.