Zoom U-22 and U-24?

• Thread starter P-Ride
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

P-Ride

Reaction score
Hey, I'm off travelling in two weeks and have distilled my setup down to a PRS SE Custom 24, Pedaltrain Nano and MacBook Pro.

I need a new audio interface though.

My TC Electronic Konnkt 8 interface is real solid; but just too big and heavy.

I feel the oblong box with knobs/inputs on the front and routing on the back design that most interfaces use is great for studios; but not ideal for travel; partly as the cable routing is so inflexible (literally) and also that the sticking-out knobs look likely to snap.

The Apogee Duet looks much more my kind of thing; with robust, flat construction and the flexible breakout cables, but I can't justify £600 at this exact moment in time.

I have got an Apogee Jam, so can record guitars with headphones for now; but would like the ability to connect to speakers and connect MIDI too.

I've seen the Zoom U-22 and U-24 though, which are really cheap for a MIDI-capable device and have an ideal, flat design.

Any knowledge of these?

https://www.zoom-na.com/products/production-recording/audio-interfaces/zoom-u-24-handy-audio-interface

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts