5150 Iconic - New Budget 5150 from EVH Gear

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Ola's just uploaded his Iconic half stack demo.

Didn't like the way this sounded, really. Wish I could test this head through the IRs I normally use but don't want to commit to buying it :lol:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't like the way this sounded, really. Wish I could test this head through the IRs I normally use but don't want to commit to buying it :lol:

Me neither, tbh. But it's just a demo. I liked the tones in @BadSeed demo better.

Either way I find it the most dry sounding of all 5150s, which is not necessarily a bad thing (specially for metal rythms). Since I like the II the most of them all, these are definetely not my cup of tea.

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
Had the chance to play one of these last night that was quickly thwarted by a special needs child completely taking over the high end room for his personal practice space (he literally screamed at me to leave and not to touch his "things".)

Hoping to go back when he's not there to get a shot at this thing.

GreatGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Ouch, not exactly his best sounding work.

Wonder what it was. The cab? The mics? Definitely doesn't sound as good as quite a few SM57 demos around.

Some youtuber named DanLeal still has the best sounding Iconic videos:

Last edited:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Had the chance to play one of these last night that was quickly thwarted by a special needs child completely taking over the high end room for his personal practice space (he literally screamed at me to leave and not to touch his "things".)

Hoping to go back when he's not there to get a shot at this thing.

You ran into Louis Torres??

Masoo2

Reaction score

Genuinely the worst sounding demo I've ever heard him put out. That intro mix is nothing but grating white noise and an oddly "tubby" sounding low end/low mids.

Those DanLeal videos sound fantastic though.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Genuinely the worst sounding demo I've ever heard him put out. That intro mix is nothing but grating white noise and an oddly "tubby" sounding low end/low mids.

Those DanLeal videos sound fantastic though.

The white noise high end was kind of alarming, since it looks like the presence is pretty low in his demo. I generally like a LOT of presence and even that was a bit much for me lol.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hoping he does another video trying it through other cabs with his amp switcher. So far the 2 demos showing off the stock cabs have been eeuuuugh.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Yeah Ola knows how to make things sound good, so that's not super encouraging about that cab.

GreatGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have you guys seen L Torres' latest video? I don't want to encourage views for his channel but the latest one is really funny.

He goes to a Guitar Center to try the Iconic "once and for all" and even on his shitty cell phone recording you can hear the amp sounding just fucking white hot awesome, chugging, searing, all that stuff, and he's just looking bored saying "this is stupid, what a dumb amp, how could anybody think this sounds good" hahaha like he's so desperate to have been "right" this whole time that he's hoping his shit talking will just magically convince people that the Iconic isn't the awesome amp it's turning out to be, that he is SHOWING IT to be.

Bonus: sales guy comes in the room and asks him how it's going, he starts going on and on about the "huge internet drama" about the amp and the dude is like blank staring at him and says "yeah I haven't heard about that at all."

LOL

Last edited:

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Lol. I want to watch it just for comedic value but I just can’t bring myself to watch another of his videos.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Have you guys seen L Torres' latest video? I don't want to encourage views for his channel but the latest one is really funny.

He goes to a Guitar Center to try the Iconic "once and for all" and even on his shitty cell phone recording you can hear the amp sounding just fucking white hot awesome, chugging, searing, all that stuff, and he's just looking bored saying "this is stupid, what a dumb amp, how could anybody think this sounds good" hahaha like he's so desperate to have been "right" this whole time that he's hoping his shit talking will just magically convince people that the Iconic isn't the awesome amp it's turning out to be, that he is SHOWING IT to be.

Bonus: sales guy comes in the room and asks him how it's going, he starts going on and on about the "huge internet drama" about the amp and the dude is like blank staring at him and says "yeah I haven't heard about that at all."

LOL
He'll come around. He wants to fit in, so he'll come up with some excuse as to why it didn't sound good, but that wasn't his fault, and that now it sounds good. Maybe he'll say it was the cab, but with the right cab it's good, or something about settings, or he played through a defective one, etc.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Dude, that cumsock Louise was literally commenting on any post over on FB being a legit troll, insulting anyone who didn’t agree with his opinion over the video he posted about not even playing the amp.

It’s like someone took the worst elements of FB political fighting and mixed it with the worst YouTuber persona and that’s the fuckin’ turd that came out as a result. Anyone who actually uses the fuckin’ term “snowflake” and means it should be put in a fucking blender toes-first.

I’ve never even heard the shithead play and DGAF how capable or incapable he is, what a horrid fucking excuse of a human.