7 string headless guitar?

• Thread starter Xion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xion

Scientist of sound
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen one? After doing a search I wasn't able to come up with anything.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randomist

Reaction score
like many things, i think it looks even better from behind...
now i just need to see what use i can put my solidworks training to use to see if i can concieve a headless bridge that can be made in our home workshop... or my course's racing team's for that matter...

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Status Graphite Status Graphite. The finest hand-made graphite basses and guitars. Made in England. is also another one to look to for a custom "L" clone of the Steinberger fame. Got really lucky and got to try out a friend's XL-6string clone from the SteinbergerWorld forum. Another person who was thinking of creating a completely carbon graphite guitar (6 and 7-string) was Phil Langley of Langley guitars, who looks like he's taken down his website... Found some info on Jon Bondy's site... http://www.jonbondy.com/Graphite.htm Not sure if they are still in production or not... Sorry, that lead may be a bust. :(

Just had to do a bit more reading... seems that Phil sold his business to Jon a bit later in the page.

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that looks freaking awesome. looks like it has a replaceable knife edge setup too, what i wouldn't give to try this out!

Yup they are. And the whole system is modular, usable as a trem or fixed bridge and for as many strings as you want :D

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:scratch: Wow, that seems a little confusing but definately awesome :lol:

Basically the individual bridge units have a string saddle/tuner and can be mounted on different baseplates to be a trem or fixed bridge and can also be used in fanned fret configuration as a fixed bridge.