7 String Telecaster (s)

• Thread starter teleofseven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
about colour.

i think i'll paint the backside of the guitar in a very VERY dark purple, almost black. and then i'll wet sand it to a shine, between semi gloss and matte.

the idea of this came from when i was doing my les paul with nitro.

i first had to add a black colour to it (with a brush, because the colour would've melted the nitro and then it would've all gone to hell) and that colour is similar to a sharpie pen colour. you know when you colour something with a sharpie (alot) when placed under a light, it kinda seems a little purple! the same thing happened with the colour i was using for my les paul!

it looked kinda neat, so wanna put a similar effect to this guitar. just to spice it up a bit :D

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
update.

MATERIALS HAVE ARRIVED. LET THE PROJECT BEGIN... on next tuesday...

does anyone give a s**t for pictures:agreed:

wayward

Banned
Reaction score
can't wait to see progress pics. Makes me think about Chris Garza's new Schecter sig.

Levi79

Reaction score
Stoked to see this come together. I'm not a fan of the single pickup idea and I wouldn't put the switch in that location personally. I'd also go for 24 frets but to each his own. I'm still super stoked to see this.

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
Stoked to see this come together. I'm not a fan of the single pickup idea and I wouldn't put the switch in that location personally. I'd also go for 24 frets but to each his own. I'm still super stoked to see this.

it will have 24 frets, it won't have two pickups unless i somehow become a millionare and be able to buy a second BNP aftermath. BUT as i (think) said there will be a hole drilled inside the body, for the wires of the neck pickup, if i ever have the money or need for a neck pickup.

aaand about that swithc. well... there's no need for a switch if there's only one pickup and i just sortof added that blade switch on the mockup... because it's a mockup.

i think i'll have a 2 way toggle switch for splitting the humbucker and volume knob. i never use the tone knob on my guitars. and if i ever add that neck pickup, then i'll have that 2-way replaced to a 3-way, which will act as a pickup selector.

the controlls will NOT be placed like they are on the picture.:wavey:

EDIT: oh and a question to you american guys: i paid 170€=234$ for a rough mahogany body plank, rough maple neck plank, sawed ebony fretboard and a maple top. deal or steal? (and ofcourse i mean, would you have gotten the same stuff cheaper in the states?)

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
First off :welcome: to the forums!

Secondly, awesome to see more come about on the Tele 7 forefront. Both of your projects look really interesting! Will definitely like to see end results!

My GAS for a 7-string Tele originally came abouts from the Stephen Carpenter Stef T-7 in black, then were blown out of the water by Alex Wade's (from Whitechapel...) ESP Custom Shop Tele he just got. So far, Alex's Tele 7 is high on my last as for features, functionality and specs :agreed:. But am curious to see how yours come out.

Good luck and will be checking back for updates!!! :wavey:

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
first update... sort of.

so......................fml.

i forgot my damn camera and i didn't even get much done today.

i know. you're upset. don't worry. so am i.

but i took this photo, just to have it as like a starting point picture.

6166949698_4500bb6d51_z.jpg

so what do we have here... dumb question, so let's move on!

i basicly focused today on making templates, and trying to get all the planks planed and.

i achieved making a neck template and a start of a neck pocket, pickup and bridge template. i also made a body template... which i don't really need, but i wanted to see how the neck would look with the body.

i also got the neck plank planed and noticed that it really doesn't need to be a 3 piece neck.

on my first tele, i made a 1 piece (with a seperate fretboard) neck. and i've NEVER had any issues with how the guitar stays in tune or warping.

this plank looks pretty good, and when it still is 25mm thick, i figured that it's best to leave it to be a one piece neck. if i would make it a 3 piece, i'd have to re-plain it, which would make the plank thinner. and i don't want that. thicker the plank, the more glue surface area!

besides. i like a thick neck.

so that's that for this update, hopefully the next tuesday i will get that maple plank split and glued on to that piece of mahogany, start working with the neck and finish the templates. because after that, this project will gain some speed!

TresGatos

Reaction score
Great to see another 7 string tele coming together! :hbang:

Are you sure of your bridge/pickup placement on your templates?

This is mine at 25.5" scale with 24 frets and the bridge is way north of what you seem to have.

You decide to go 27" scale?

looking forward to your progress.

EDIT: I see you did say 27' (hehe) 27" scale. OK, carry on. All is well in the world. :)

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
Great to see another 7 string tele coming together! :hbang:

Are you sure of your bridge/pickup placement on your templates?

This is mine at 25.5" scale with 24 frets and the bridge is way north of what you seem to have.

You decide to go 27" scale?

looking forward to your progress.

EDIT: I see you did say 27' (hehe) 27" scale. OK, carry on. All is well in the world. :)

well, us (most of the world) use metrics so i didn't know that i'm supposed to have two " there.

i could just fuck up your heads and say 686mm, but that would mean nothing to you, because you wouldn't know how many inches that is.

whatever.

the measurements on the templates are all correct, but the pickup placements aren't. they're just mockups. as is the bridge.... and the pickguard.

i however do like a more trebley sound from my pickups, so i tend to place them closer to the bridge.

and as for the scale, i tune my 6 string guitars to drop c. and i want to have that same tuning, but with the seventh string tuned to G.

sooo that would be G C G C F A D

25.5''''''''''''''''''''''''' would not be a long enogh scale for a G tuned string, so decided to go with 27''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.

EDIT: oh and i'm making a few different headstock desings (all tele inspired) and will add pictrures of them here later.

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
i don't like that headstock.

this is how mine WILL look like:
6179209082_a996f52132_b.jpg

i may add some extra length to the end of the headstock, because the tuner is so close to the end.