7 String V Thread

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

powergroover

monster death chunk
Reaction score
Well, this one seems a bit obvious, but I've got this feeling that the production run will be fairly small, if it ever becomes available at all...

dtppxd.png

that guitar looks like a toy compared to devin :lol:, how big is he actually ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I'd like a 7-string V for certain, I guess that new ESP will be closest to my budget. I would check out the Schecter but I know from experience that I don't enjoy the necks.

Then again, if a 725 fixed bridge appears over at Agile/Rondo then we'll see :)

Where's Jaden when you need him! As I hate to visit a thread without bringing pictures...:
27edo_microtonal_727_flying_V.JPG

This agile with a fixed bridge/black hardware please :)

hornet-pro-7-string-guitar.jpg

Found this pic of a V built around a Carvin 7-string neck blank - mostly nice if a little too sharp in the wings.

V7-022406.jpg

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I know they're impractical, but I have GAS and I need some pictures to fap to. Show me some cool V 7 strings. :) Especially stuff that is custom or not that common.

These are really nice, though the strap peg placement on this Gibson is downright mental.

gibson_v7.jpg

Has anybody played one of these yet> yes for tech-death or something it would be crazy having a scale length this short, but I like sludgy Mastodon-y riffs, and still think it would clean up fine for complicated stuff with the EMGs in there, even half a step down if you used mahoosive strings. So, anyone?

I want a guitar that sounds different. It's this or the Devin V I think. Not in a position to try either right now (we know why this is with the Devin...)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The strap pegs on most Gibson/Epiphone Vs are placed to basically create as bad neck dive as you can possibly have. It would be better if the peg was closer to the bridge. The Devy sig is pretty much the same, and with the extended scale (28" I believe) I imagine it wouldn't balance any better. This is the issue with Vs unfortunately, look awesome but impractical.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
The strap pegs on most Gibson/Epiphone Vs are placed to basically create as bad neck dive as you can possibly have. It would be better if the peg was closer to the bridge. The Devy sig is pretty much the same, and with the extended scale (28" I believe) I imagine it wouldn't balance any better. This is the issue with Vs unfortunately, look awesome but impractical.

I'd probably put some weight behind the lower horn to balance it out. As long as this didn't result in me crippling myself trying to lift the sucker.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'd probably put some weight behind the lower horn to balance it out. As long as this didn't result in me crippling myself trying to lift the sucker.

I would imagine it'd be quite heavy to begin with, the best way to balance it would be with strap pegs.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Just wanna say played a Gibson V today, sounded great, especially clean in fact, and balanced... perfectly!! What is this thing about neck dive? There was none! Upper fret access severely inhibited by strap button on back of neck but I assume that's just Vs for you!!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Just wanna say played a Gibson V today, sounded great, especially clean in fact, and balanced... perfectly!! What is this thing about neck dive? There was none! Upper fret access severely inhibited by strap button on back of neck but I assume that's just Vs for you!!

Hmm fair play! I've found Vs to dive pretty badly myself, but then I do like my necks at quite a vertical angle.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Agghhh, I'm a hard core ibby fan but DAMN that new LTD V is perfect (minus the actives) it looks almost spot on to my LTD DV8R. Major want.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Anyone have the Nergal signature from ESP? Is it any good?