8-string players, be afraid: Musiclab RealEight 8-string guitar Vsti

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
The irony is that it doesn't sound more fake than any modern Djent production. Hell, it sounded more real than the reamped Gameboy they must have used for the last Within the Ruins album.

We all know who's gonna try and get $20k for his new solo album now that this is out. :D

Haun

Reaction score
Wow, this is scary. It's certainly never gonna replace a person on stage, but I could see it being used extensively in the studio. I'd like to quote Glenn Fricker and say that these things make great writing tools, but in the studio you're trying get a once in a lifetime performance, so go do that, and don't use samples. IMHO.

Bretton

Reaction score
Hey,

anyone have experience with this program yet? I'm a total noob to RealEight, audio engineering, vst instruments and midi. I'm a drummer looking to turn the songs in my head into real audio, and program scratch tracks for my band, for me to listen to along with the click. I'm pretty handy with Guitar Pro. Now that I've discovered RealEight, I've tried exporting the midi from Guitar Pro, and putting it through RealEight in Reaper. Can't figure out how to change "FX" within a single midi track though.

So far I'm using a workaround where I export several different tracks, one for normal notes, one for palm muted notes, one for legato notes, one for pinch harmonics, and check off a different "permanent FX" button for each track. that seems weird to me though, and like I should be able to do it all in one midi track.

Any advice?

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Well us guitar players have been using BFD and Superior for how long now? I guess revenge is best served djold.

Meh, there ain't nothing like fingers against wire.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Hey,

anyone have experience with this program yet? I'm a total noob to RealEight, audio engineering, vst instruments and midi. I'm a drummer looking to turn the songs in my head into real audio, and program scratch tracks for my band, for me to listen to along with the click. I'm pretty handy with Guitar Pro. Now that I've discovered RealEight, I've tried exporting the midi from Guitar Pro, and putting it through RealEight in Reaper. Can't figure out how to change "FX" within a single midi track though.

So far I'm using a workaround where I export several different tracks, one for normal notes, one for palm muted notes, one for legato notes, one for pinch harmonics, and check off a different "permanent FX" button for each track. that seems weird to me though, and like I should be able to do it all in one midi track.

Any advice?

Depending on how the articulations are activated, there are multiple ways. You either need to use key switches, which is tedious to do live since you have to key switch back after like two or three notes. I always remember palm mutes being velocity activated, as in low velocity is a palm mute and higher velocity is sustains. Otherwise it's likely dependent on where the mod wheel is.

It really is difficult trying to get an authentic sounding track out of these libraries. Doable to an extent, but difficult.